• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I am not a Ho...I need this.

11.55 is a pretty darn quick GTO. What all have you done to it, and do you do the work yourself?

Nothing too outrageous, since I still use it as a daily driver on the street. It's running a 3000 rpm stall torque converter, a TransGo shift kit, relocated intake air temp sensor, K&N air filter, and Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers. On track days, I run drag radial tires and a 100 dry shot of nitrous.

The only thing I had someone else install was the stall converter, since I don't have access to a lift. Guess that's a sign of old age....there was a time when I would have crawled under the car and done it on my back.
awww.ls1gto.com_forums_images_smilies_oldfogey.gif

The only thing I had someone else install was the stall converter, since I don't have access to a lift. Guess that's a sign of old age....there was a time when I would have crawled under the car and done it on my back.
awww.ls1gto.com_forums_images_smilies_oldfogey.gif

Can't blame you a bit here Two, I think I still have the imprint of a Hemi 4 speed permanently embedded into my chest from years ago.

Can't blame you either. I don't blame it on old age, I say it's maturity. I like working on my stuff, too -- but there came a point when I was willing to pay someone to do the stuff that would be a pain in the ass to do myself. That is a fine example of it.

I'm surprised you didn't have to do anything to limit wheel-hop when turning times like that. I thought it was a pretty big issue with the GTOs. I guess maybe the auto and high-stall converter help you launch a bit more smoothly? Maybe?

I could seriously bark the hell out of the tires on that 6.0L... It was a royal PITA starting that 6-speed on first gear... I always rode it off 2 around town, got tired of whippin' my head back..

I'm surprised you didn't have to do anything to limit wheel-hop when turning times like that. I thought it was a pretty big issue with the GTOs. I guess maybe the auto and high-stall converter help you launch a bit more smoothly? Maybe?

Dammit, that's it. :thumbs up: I knew I was forgetting something when I listed the mods. You're right...the GTOs are traction limited and do have a problem with wheel-hop. I have installed adjustable air bags inside the rear coil springs. The younger guys on the GTO forum call them "drag bags"; but to me they will always be air bags...just as they have been for the last 50 years or so. No wheel hop now. :D
ai43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_GTOBurnoutforsigValdosta.jpg

I could seriously bark the hell out of the tires on that 6.0L... It was a royal PITA starting that 6-speed on first gear... I always rode it off 2 around town, got tired of whippin' my head back..

Since you used the past tense, I am assuming you no longer have your Goat. Were you a member on any of the GTO forums? I know quite a few of the Atlanta guys from the GTO crowd. I actually lived in Lilburn at the time I bought mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520