• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I broke 100 today.

MBeachGirl

Shooting Star
May 31, 2005
YIKES !

Have you had the chance to see the movie ."Stroke of Genius, The Bobby Jones Story" ?

In one scene his father is entertaining some friends on the veranda and make s the comment; "If you play golf and shoot a score of 100 or more, then you have no business playing golf.If you shoot a score of 80 or less, then you have no business", LOL:biglol:

tommyt

Apr 24, 2005
comment about the anser- I have replaced my irons/woods with game improvement- they do work...but I like using a putter older than my youngest kid (17) who got me playing again. It does work- but I still would like bigger holes.. I shot 92 on sat with 3 penalties/pitch outs- one was poor course- blind shot in the (almost) middle of the fairway ended up behind a tree.. I guess I have to play there more to know where not to hit too good a drive..

tommyt

MyGolfDomain.com

Apr 2, 2005
Nevercompromise said:
This may not be a big thing to some but I am pumped. I shot a 98 at Quarry Ridge in Portland Ct (for the Ct guys if they are out there). I have been working my a@# off lately and it's starting to pay off. :smilie_cl

Nice. Work always pays off in golf. People that combine work and talent are players. I work a lot at it, but my talent level most not be "up to par" to be a true competitor.

:hunter:

My current goal is to break 70 for the first time.

Right now, I just want to start shooting what I expect to be shooting by this time of year. I'm about 6 strokes off that. Here in Salt Lake, we have full seasons and it takes a while to get back into the swing of things.

OP
Nevercompromise
Mar 28, 2005
MyGolfDomain.com said:
Nice. Work always pays off in golf. People that combine work and talent are players. I work a lot at it, but my talent level most not be "up to par" to be a true competitor.

:hunter:

My current goal is to break 70 for the first time.

Right now, I just want to start shooting what I expect to be shooting by this time of year. I'm about 6 strokes off that. Here in Salt Lake, we have full seasons and it takes a while to get back into the swing of things.

Thanks! One thing I forgot to say is how much I changed my mental game to. I stay much more calm on the course. I used to swear and get mad but it does NO GOOD. I think a large portion of this game is keeping mental composure. 18 holes is a long way to go, keeping that shanked drive off the first tee on your mind.

GunnerMan

Jun 7, 2005
Man I rember fisrt time I broke 100 I got a 99 hehe. Second time I broke it I got a 92. 3rd time im gonna shoot par gawd damnit lol

🔥 Latest posts