• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I joined Club Launcher

Jay McNasty

High Altitude Hacker
Reaction score
Scooped up a new R flex 10.5 degree '04 Launcher 460 on Ebay over the weekend and had a chance to break it in today.

I've been swinging a 9 degree GBBII for the past year and have been battling to keep it consistent. I've struggled with a pretty nasty slice that I was able to turn into a manageable powerfade, but never was able to get it to knock a penetrating straight drive where I wanted it to go.

I took the Launcher to the range tonite and immediately started hitting high straight drives out into the 230-250yd range. When I tried to muscle up on it, it turned into a wicked pull hook, but I rarely get sucked into the testosterone battles that the regular group that I play with lays down on the tee from time to time.

And the sound... oh the sweet sound when the ball comes off the face of this club. It's like nothing I've ever heard, but I dig it.

I think I needed a loftier driver from the get-go, but picked the GBB up last year for a steal and tried to make it work.

Just wanted to drop my 2c in on the Launcher. What's the initiation for getting into Club Launcher? Better yet, who wants to buy a LH GBBII? :)

I woulda snagged it, if my friend hadn't just bought a 580TP...

Welcome aboard, BTW. :D

R35

PS....you wanna buy a right handed GBBII? :biglol:

R35

i didn't think they made a 580TP.....? just the 510.... ?

I also joined Club Launcher yesterday. Got my 8.5 460 stiff.

I gotta say that it is everything that it is cracked up to be. My second hit of the day outdrove a 307 yard par 4. I kinda fell apart after that because I was trying to just kill it to see how far I could really launch one and wound up hitting those hooks. i finally went back to a nice controlled swing and started bombing them again straighter than ever.

BEST DRIVER I'VE EVER HIT. HANDS DOWN!!!

NNNNNNOOOOOO!!!!

They are all going over to the dark side!!!

Tour Edge Exotics rules!

SiberianDVM said:
NNNNNNOOOOOO!!!!

They are all going over to the dark side!!!

Tour Edge Exotics rules!

please.......where do you get your irons?

Playskool? ;)

My irons are Hogans. Aren't they guaranteed to hit great shots every time?

SiberianDVM said:
My irons are Hogans. Aren't they guaranteed to hit great shots every time?

The guarentee is only good if you hit at least 200 balls a day at the range. Its in the fine print :D

Youngun5 said:
i didn't think they made a 580TP.....? just the 510.... ?

Gun,

I'm not sure. I wasn't even sure they made TP's in LH. I've never seen it in person, he just told me about it in passing so that I wasn't hunting for him anymore...

R35

Rockford35 said:
Gun,

I'm not sure. I wasn't even sure they made TP's in LH. I've never seen it in person, he just told me about it in passing so that I wasn't hunting for him anymore...

R35

Tell him that thing is a POS and a GBBII would look stellar in his bag. Who gives a shit if he can actually hit it, right?

Played one round of 9 with my new Launcher 460 Comp (10.5, reg) and I certainly didn't lose anything over my TM R5. Nice and straight. I missed (barely) one fairway on the 9. I was all alone (no one behind me) so hit a couple extra shots adding some club head speed and it doesn't like that. Nice smooth swing with solid contact and this gives you all you could want with a driver. I like this club. I can't wait until it warms up some to see what kind of distance it gives me.

warbirdlover said:
Played one round of 9 with my new Launcher 460 Comp (10.5, reg) and I certainly didn't lose anything over my TM R5. Nice and straight. I missed (barely) one fairway on the 9. I was all alone (no one behind me) so hit a couple extra shots adding some club head speed and it doesn't like that. Nice smooth swing with solid contact and this gives you all you could want with a driver. I like this club. I can't wait until it warms up some to see what kind of distance it gives me.
I'm battleing my drive right now even with the Launcher, the stock shaft says stiff but I think its closer to a regular...I have been looking on ebay for a speeder.

JasonMacIsaac said:
I'm battleing my drive right now even with the Launcher, the stock shaft says stiff but I think its closer to a regular...I have been looking on ebay for a speeder.
I originally got a Launcher with the stock stiff fuji in it. I have since changed to a Grafalloy Blue S. Its a more stable shaft in my opinion and I feel I can load it more when stepping on one. (Not that any of the smooth swingers on here ever try to "melt" the ball!!:) ).
I have also heard good things about the NV/Launcher combo. Not heard much about speeders with the Launcher though.
Just thought you would like to hear of some alternatives.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520