• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Guy!

Welp, looks like I'm the new guy! I'm Josh - 25, living in Greensboro, NC. I just moved to NC a few months ago. Grew up in TN and went to school at Ole Miss. Work in IT, so I'm an Internet junky... :)

Hello all. My name is Mike, I'm 33, I live in central Indiana. I went to IU. I've been playing golf for about 8 years now. I have about a 20 handicap (still working on getting it down). I play Hogan Apex CFT Irons, Titlest Vokey wedges, Adams Tight Lies farway woods, and Odessey White Hot Putter.
I also play a lot of Poker. I have a wife and two kids so that keeps me away from golf and poker more than I would like.

Howdy everyone. Just found this site yesterday and it already has me hooked, just like the game of golf. Don't know that I will post much. But i will read often. Well, I'm 41 and have a very understanding wife and a lil feller that almost loves the game as much as me. We live in southern Oklahoma and generally have great golf weather year round. Yes, it's great to be able to play almost any time that you want. Not that I get to, but I try to as much as possible. Did I mention that my wife was very understanding? I think that she just likes me out of the house. ha ha.

Now, about my game.

Some people have an "A,B,C, or D game", I have an "IF" game. If I wouldn't have hit in the woods, if I coulda made some putts, etc,etc. That's the way my game has been here of late. I have been playing for about ten years and was getting decent until the little man came along about six years ago and put a stop to playing three or four evenings a week. I don't have my handicap registered, but my best guesstamation is somewhere around 25, plus or minus 10 depending on the day. I'm a mental case out there on the course. My best score so far is a 78 at a nice little course in Muenster, Tx. That was about 4 years ago. Nowadays I practice too much on the course and not enough on the range. So I really can't expect to much in the way of improvement. Thanks for listening.

What's in the bag. Or as they really need to be called, "instruments of destruction". My irons are way to good for me, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. I have tried different drivers, but I always go back to my Warbird. It just feels right. I can put it out there between 280 and 310 depending on the swing. The s/w and l/w are old, but they still work for me. And last but not least, a cheap Wilson putter. It felt good and for $25.00 and I figured I couldn't putt any worse than what I was doing with the zebra.

Driver: Big Bertha Warbird 10 deg. Rch graphite shaft
FW: Big Bertha Warbird 3wood steel shaft
3-W: Mizuno MP37
SW: Cleveland 55 deg.
LW: Ram 64 deg.
PT: Wilson harmonized model 746.

Hello all. Well i've played this game for about 37 years and still haven't beaten it. It mostly beats me and then beats me some more, just to press home the point. Had a h'cap of 5 aged 16 and down to 1 at 18 and then discovered alcohol and women ,and as they say the rest is history. But after having my shackles (Marriage) removed about 10 years ago i started playing a bit of golf again. I think i have found my new love, and it certainly doesn't shout back at you. I'm just crazy about the game and have decided to see just how good (or bad) i can get. Have started exercising, stretching and even eating properly (no junk food, sweets, caffeine, alcohol, drugs or red meat). Live near Royal Birkdale so theres an abundance of great courses around here. Will keep you all informed of my progress (or lack of it).:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35