• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Irons or woods?

woods,irons or Hybrids?

• Total voters

golfman2760

Reaction score
after playing today I found I hit better with Irons

for some reason I cant hit my woods consistantly so from now on they are going to stay in the bag to collect dust

ffs I hit better with a 4 Iron then I did a 3 wood

I just couldnt use the woods they have become a big letdown in my game

I'm going to buy a 2 and 3 iron asap because the Irons are better for me

im starting to hit iron shots further then I normally would...

does anyone else have the same problem with driving woods and fairway woods like I do?

vote and discuss

I need option #4

Depends on the freaking day, today I will hit Woods well, tommorow I will hit my Irons better, the day after that I would be better off hitting every shot from tee to green with my SW.:)

i picked irons because this is the first time ive used hybrids.although i would take them over woods already.

well at least it isnt just me that has the same problem with my woods acting as my enemy

sometimes I hit the ball perfect with my woods

but last time it was shocking I had to boycott them

I have been having most of my problems with my shorter scoring irons. I hit my sandwedge a little better today. The hardest club in the bag to hit is the one you are doubting. If your confident there is no club you can't hit. Its all mental.

Well a 3w and a 4i are about a 40-50 yd. difference so I can't really compare the 2. I would say a 2 and 3 iron are a bad idea, very hard to hit. I play a 3w and 5w but don't hit the 3w off the fairway very often. There is really no point, I get like 10yds. more than the 5w and it's much harder to get off the ground. I play a 23* hybrid in place of a 3and 4iron. Much easier to hit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520