• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's official, I'm crap

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Reaction score
Played 18, hit 15 excellent tee shots, just one three putt, yet was 8 over my handicap! G.I.R 2, that's right two, and that's only because I drove into two greenside bunkers.

I've always tried to have one basic swing and the only thing that changes is my ball positioning and stance but I think this is going to have to change as my iron shots are abysmal.

What do the rest of you do? Do you have a different swing for regular iron shots compared to your driver? I'm desperate!

Ditch the Zunos and go and try a set of cavity backs, eg Callaways, Nikes, etc. Change of scenery might be the ticket, even just to see what difference it may make. Even just demo a set, borrow some.

I would advocate same swing, just difference in ball and hand position, make sure hands are ahead of the ball at address for irons.

And keep the chin up. I have shot 80,81,81,80,81 for my last 5 rounds of golf with putting that my 5 year old would think was toilet water. It's killing me as I am hitting the ball great. But I take heart that it is still early in the season, and that I need to play my way out of it. I have stuck with my putter and hit the practice green and am slowly starting to get more confident over the ball (35 putts on saturday, an improvement with only two 3 putts!!).

I still try and enjoy it, even though I have gone from 4.6 to 5.1 in 5 weeks!!!! My goal was to go the other way.

I would advocate same swing, just difference in ball and hand position, make sure hands are ahead of the ball at address for irons..

All irons and how far ahead?

Ditch the Zunos......

Heresy! A bad workman and all that. The problem is me. Driving used to be the weak part of my game but I still got down to six h'cap hitting 250 and anywhere but straight off the tee. Now I have vastly improved my driving my irons have suffered severely and I'm playing to about 10 or 11 which is depressing as I was better 15 years ago at age 15. I might have to take the big stuff out of my bag for a while and force myself to use irons all the time. It will be painful because I really love spanking drives but needs must.

I just drop my swing even lower, which I normally only swing 3/4 anyway. Tighter controlled swing is the best.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520