• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just shot a new personal best round

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Started thinking about Doc's post about stupid stuff we do today. I decided to play a round with only two thoughts in mind...don't try to kill the ball and grip the club loosely, without tensing the muscles. It felt pretty good and I shot a 95 (48/47). My previous best was a 97.

I did let the swing thought get away from me a couple of times and the results showed it. Some of you low cappers may not understand my excitement; but I'm pretty psyched about the results. Not just the score...but, the overall feeling of control that seemed to be there compared to previous rounds. Distance didn't suffer from the easier swing; and the control was much improved.

Hopefully, I can remember the feel the next time I play. :)

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
congrats!! i know the feeling when you just broke your own record. always feel estatic! this also proves that you're improving. Keep it up!

Poe4soul

Feb 3, 2006
Congratulations, I too shot a personal best this weekend. It's always fun to look back on a round and remember the good shots. Keep it up and always have fun.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I didn't shoot a personal best but I too used those swing thoughts tonight in league (swing easy) and was doing much better. I also was putting out of my mind. No 3-putts and made too LONG putts to save par (read the breaks perfectly also). And I also forgot that thought on a couple shots with the usual crappy results. :)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Started thinking about Doc's post about stupid stuff we do today. I decided to play a round with only two thoughts in mind...don't try to kill the ball and grip the club loosely, without tensing the muscles. It felt pretty good and I shot a 95 (48/47). My previous best was a 97.

Did you use a Sharpie and write SWING EASY on the palm of your glove?

If so, the bill is on the way. :D

OP
twogreen

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Did you use a Sharpie and write SWING EASY on the palm of your glove?

If so, the bill is on the way. :D

Hmmm, not yet; but that may be a plan. Lord knows, I've already ho'd everything else except Sharpies and advice. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.