• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Knee injury.....Even more respect for Tiger.

fisher

Reaction score
A week ago I was on my knees giving my 3 year old a bath. When I stood up I used my left leg to push up. As I did something popped/cracked in my left knee. I got a good shot of pain for about two minutes and then it pretty much went away. Ever since my knee feels slightly unstable and is very sore for the first few minutes after I stand up from sitting at my desk or driving. Once I'm on my feet a bit the pain goes away.

I'm sure its nothing major and it will probably be fine in a couple of weeks. It may even just be a bit of bursitis as it feels better once i get it moving. I'm just glad it happened in January and not June. I hurt this knee badly 15 years ago and this is very minor by comparrison.

Yesterday I was bored and went to the range to hit a few balls. I gained an even greater respect for Tiger in doing so. I was amazed how much a slightly sore and unstable left knee affects your accuracy with the golf clubs. I couldnt get to my left side and everything went right of target. Simply put Tiger is super-human.

Hope you feel better!

I've injured my knees countless times from motorcycle racing, baseball, and football. Takes its toll, and I'm only 22!

I'm with Jeff, hope it's alright. But if it's still bothering you in a couple of weeks I'd get it looked at. Maybe even sooner, your knees aren't anything you want to mess around with.

Tiger is good, but c'mon, superhuman?

I've had a torn ACL in my left knee for 30+ years, and I've never been able to afford to get it fixed. It hurts like hell after a round of golf.

Fred Funk funked up his left knee so bad last year that he is considering total knee replacement soon.

Ben Hogan was run over by a Greyhound bus, yet went on to win multiple majors. That's superhuman.

Tiger is good, but c'mon, superhuman?

I've had a torn ACL in my left knee for 30+ years, and I've never been able to afford to get it fixed. It hurts like hell after a round of golf.

Fred Funk funked up his left knee so bad last year that he is considering total knee replacement soon.

Ben Hogan was run over by a Greyhound bus, yet went on to win multiple majors. That's superhuman.

Once I rolled my d12 to obliterate Bigjim's 15 paladin with my sword of lolcrush and I won the entire world and became supreme overlord and hero.

That's superhuman.

Okay, we all know some athletes have done some crazy stuff playing injured, but two stress fractures? Yuck. Anyway, to avoid rehashing an old subject, still hoping you feel better fisher.

Fisher, that sounds just like my current injury, dislocated kneecap. Sounds like yours popped out and then right back in, like mine did the first time, years ago. This time, mine stayed out on the outside of my leg and I had to push it back around. Luckily, I didn't tear anything, just need some physio.

fisher I hope your knee gets better.

You didn't tear up your Tiger Woods pj's, did you?? That would be terrible! ;)

fisher I hope your knee gets better.

You didn't tear up your Tiger Woods pj's, did you?? That would be terrible! ;)

His wife is on my PJs! Course, that's cause I can't get her picture off now.

What's this thread about? I read the first nine words, then abandoned ship.

What's this thread about? I read the first nine words, then abandoned ship.

An attempt at a sexual inuendo, but kinda came off douchey. Especially since after giving, he said his 3 year old a bath. :p

Well, if I hadn't actually read the thread, I wouldn't know that :)

Well, if I hadn't actually read the thread, I wouldn't know that :)

True :biglol:

I can only imagine what kids and age is going to do to me, why I'm already ensuring I have a practical workout habit, so I can at least get something.

Once I rolled my d12 to obliterate Bigjim's 15 paladin with my sword of lolcrush and I won the entire world and became supreme overlord and hero.

That's superhuman.

Okay, we all know some athletes have done some crazy stuff playing injured, but two stress fractures? Yuck. Anyway, to avoid rehashing an old subject, still hoping you feel better fisher.

Not sure how to take this so I am going to laugh:ugly25:

Just for the record I have now SOLD all my Magic cards that I had collected over 10yrs ago. Bought a 3w that didn't make it into my bag and sold it for profit...now that is super-ho'ing or superhuman take your pick.

Not sure how to take this so I am going to laugh:ugly25:

Just for the record I have now SOLD all my Magic cards that I had collected over 10yrs ago. Bought a 3w that didn't make it into my bag and sold it for profit...now that is super-ho'ing or superhuman take your pick.

Your intelligence roll was higher than normal this last time?

Your intelligence roll was higher than normal this last time?

Actually, you would have to roll lower than your intelligence to pass an intelligence check.

Not that I'm a dork or anything.... :rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back