• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Knee injury.....Even more respect for Tiger.

Actually, you would have to roll lower than your intelligence to pass an intelligence check.

Not that I'm a dork or anything.... :rolleyes:

Huh? How does that make sense?

Huh? How does that make sense?

The higher your Intelligence, the better your chances of rolling less than it.

Average Int is around 8-10, I believe, 18 is Genius level. You roll d20 for a check against any attribute.

EDIT: Unless you were referring to the initial roll to determine one's intelligence at character creation... I assumed he were making an intelligence check to see how well he handles the task at hand...

Tiger is good, but c'mon, superhuman?

I've had a torn ACL in my left knee for 30+ years, and I've never been able to afford to get it fixed. It hurts like hell after a round of golf.

You are forgetting one little caveat....a double fracture of his tibia. This is what caused the pain. Tiger HAD been playing with the torn ACL for some time. He tore it during a run months earlier and kept playing right on through it never letting anyone know, but the tibial fracture came from not having the support of his ACL to hold the anterior portion of his knee in place.

When I blew out my ACL and MCL I had a massive bone contusion on my tibial plateau and it made me sick to my stomach from the pain when walking. So, I can only imagine what he went through to actually fracture the bone.

You are forgetting one little caveat....a double fracture of his tibia. This is what caused the pain. Tiger HAD been playing with the torn ACL for some time. He tore it during a run months earlier and kept playing right on through it never letting anyone know, but the tibial fracture came from not having the support of his ACL to hold the anterior portion of his knee in place.

When I blew out my ACL and MCL I had a massive bone contusion on my tibial plateau and it made me sick to my stomach from the pain when walking. So, I can only imagine what he went through to actually fracture the bone.

I didn't forget it, I just didn't mention it.

You're right. Eldrick Woods is the bravest human in the history of the world. Mea culpa.

You're right. Eldrick Woods is the bravest human in the history of the world. Mea culpa.
What's sad is some people actually believe this. :bang:

Wow this is news to me. Is there any evidence to prove that Tiger was/is lying about his knee injury? I guess if there is proof the guy is a liar that is one thing, but i have yet to hear of it from the media.

Wow this is news to me. Is there any evidence to prove that Tiger was/is lying about his knee injury? I guess if there is proof the guy is a liar that is one thing, but i have yet to hear of it from the media.
If this is directed at my comment, please re-read my post. I was specifically referring to the statement I bolded in Sib's quote about Wood's being the bravest human in the history of the world (hence why I quoted him and bolded the statement). I was in no way inferring that Tiger was a liar.

The higher your Intelligence, the better your chances of rolling less than it.

Average Int is around 8-10, I believe, 18 is Genius level. You roll d20 for a check against any attribute.

EDIT: Unless you were referring to the initial roll to determine one's intelligence at character creation... I assumed he were making an intelligence check to see how well he handles the task at hand...

Wow, SKiddly I know some real nice girls here at school that'd leave you sore for a week if ya want. ;)

What game is all this from? It baffles me.

I heard he single-handedly defending orphans from Chuck Norris.

How you went there is a little confusing. They aren't saying he isn't telling the truth, or even that it wasn't hard, but plenty of athletes have done things of equal measure, all of which are remarkable.

Wow, SKiddly I know some real nice girls here at school that'd leave you sore for a week if ya want. ;)

What game is all this from? It baffles me.

Lol. I'll ask the wife if she's up for it. :D

And its Dungeons & Dragons, though I haven't played in about 18 years. :p

Wow, I hadn't checked this thread. Some of you must live in real cold locals.

Thanks for the well wishes. It is starting to ease up so hopefully in another week I will be back to normal. I definately need to do some work to strengthen the surrounding muscles because it is feeling unstable.

As for Tiger. The guy is super human to play the way he did on a left knee that was obviously very unstable and painful. I couldn't believe how big an effect your left knee would have on hitting the golf ball to a target. If you don't believe me hurt your knee then go hit some balls.

Injury is a tear in the medial meniscus. I am going to try to let it heal. It was doing much better then I was carrying one of my kids up the stairs yesterday and it gave out again. Now I'm back to square one and in just as much pain as when I first hurt it. ARRRRRGGHHHH!!!!!!

Injury is a tear in the medial meniscus. I am going to try to let it heal. It was doing much better then I was carrying one of my kids up the stairs yesterday and it gave out again. Now I'm back to square one and in just as much pain as when I first hurt it. ARRRRRGGHHHH!!!!!!

Ouch! Maybe a brace? How big are these kids?

I have plain ol' arthritis in one knee. Bone against bone, and nothing to do for it but replacement surgery. No way. Golf isn't the problem for me; skiing is. I have more painkillers than you can shake a stick at.

I don't think a meniscal tear will ever heal without surgery. Typically in dogs, a CCL (canine equivalent of ACL) tear will cause enough abnormal movement of the stifle (knee) joint that the medical meniscus will get a "bucket-handle" tear. This tear will then "pop" occasionally under the stress of movement causing severe pain and almost instantaneous swelling of the knee due to excess synovial fluid being produced by the lining of the joint capsule.

Oh yeah, I've had it.

Good news is that the tear can be removed arthroscopically. Bad news is that the CCL or ACL is still gone, and needs to be fixed to prevent further injury. $$$$$$

Judging from Doc's recent post I'd say it is quite fitting that this thread about the OP's knee injury is in the "No golf for you!" section...

Sorry to hear about he injury, fisher. Treat it properly now so that it doesn't become a much bigger problem later.

Ouch! Hope you can get it fixed up quickly.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520