• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Knock on Wood

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Reaction score
Hello all,
I was just thinking last night. Hmm... I could really use a 3 wood. Then I remembered something. I have an old "wood" 3 wood. So I went down into the bag of rejected, bent, or broken clubs and grabbed the old trusty 3 "wood". I brought it up and cleaned it and inspected it. I remember reading a thread on another forum on how someone put a new technology shaft in his 3 "wood and how the sound of an old wood brought people to ask him what kind of club he has there. So I'm like what the heck, I jumped on golf smith and looked for a cheap graphite shaft. So I'm planning on ordering a Axlle shaft. That brings up the question who here would still use an old wood. I know we are such club ho's here that we always go for the more expensive metal woods of tomorrow. I think it will be cool because of the sound. Plus if I can hit one of those old small headed 3 "woods I could hit anything.
Thanks for taking your time to read this. :laugh:

I don't know if I'd want to play with them? I do kind of wish I had my old set back just to practice with occasionally. The heads were so small, and the sweet spot even smaller, I think it would make you work harder on hitting your shots true, which in theory, should help you out on finding the sweet spot easier. IMHO

These are the best "wood" fairway woods I ever hit. Compact heads much like most hybrids today, easy to get up in the air and not all that unforgiving. Occasionally I still take them out for some bag time, last time I did I hit them really well.
100_0083sm.jpg
100_0080sm.jpg

Those are nice looking MGP, I'll post some pictures after I get my new graphite shaft installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520