• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Last Ditch...

Don't get the D2.The head feels bizarre,no weight at all.I think its a v ery strange club

Don't get the D2.The head feels bizarre,no weight at all.I think its a v ery strange club

I only hit it in the shop and liked how it felt. I won't be getting that anyway, too expensive. I'm probably going to use the V2 in an 8.5* Hibore head just to mess around with. Figure my fades fly higher and I can just set up dead fade and unleash it, Bubba Watson style. :laugh:

do u have pics of the superquad, i might buy it so ill have a real one.

905R..... don't look back

I'm telling you the Burner TP is a ICBM launcher. I was concerned that I was having a hard time working the ball and I do...but instead of having to work it I just bomb it over trees on dog legs and straight down the middle over bunkers. My R7 425 TP may be losing its place in the bag.

I'm telling you the Burner TP is a ICBM launcher. I was concerned that I was having a hard time working the ball and I do...but instead of having to work it I just bomb it over trees on dog legs and straight down the middle over bunkers. My R7 425 TP may be losing its place in the bag.

The Burner TP is the leading candidate for me, actually played a round with only that driver in the bag the other day. I can still control ball flight and trajectory with the Diamana White Board in it.

Now you all tell me this. :)

Superquad has a tipped Diamana Blueboard in it, drying as I speak (or type that is).

New price is $345. :laugh:

Now you all tell me this. :)

Superquad has a tipped Diamana Blueboard in it, drying as I speak (or type that is).

New price is $345. :laugh:

We had this discussion before about the Burner. Very low spinning head, and a solid feel, just not a fan of the stock shaft.

We had this discussion before about the Burner. Very low spinning head, and a solid feel, just not a fan of the stock shaft.

I know, I know. I may try one once they are available cheaper used. Gotta at least try the Superquad with a control shaft first. If I can get that 2-3 yd. fade under control...

I know, I know. I may try one once they are available cheaper used. Gotta at least try the Superquad with a control shaft first. If I can get that 2-3 yd. fade under control...

i thought you said the epic was too much control?? now im confused...

would you pick a burner retail over a r7 425 retail?? or vice versa?? im trying to narrow down my candidates for the new TM driver spot(assuming extreme doesnt trade me straight up his ft3 for my hibore, which i am likeing the deal more and more as every second goes by)...

extreme, hook me up with that ft3!!!

i thought you said the epic was too much control?? now im confused...

No the Epic was too high. Like a Prolaunch. The V2 is similar. I lose it high and right a lot. Not to mention I have trouble with anything that bends more than about 6inches below the grip. :)

would you pick a burner retail over a r7 425 retail?? or vice versa?? im trying to narrow down my candidates for the new TM driver spot(assuming extreme doesnt trade me straight up his ft3 for my hibore, which i am likeing the deal more and more as every second goes by)...

extreme, hook me up with that ft3!!!

I think you mean the standard versions versus the TP, these are both retail drivers, meaning that you can buy them at any shop.

Assuming that is correct, there are a few things that you need to ask yourself when trying to get an idea about the two clubs. If you are looking for higher club head speed and don't mind not having as good a feel for where the head is during your swing, the Burner is a good option. The longer shaft helps give you a couple miles per hour more club head speed. Yet at 50 grams, it is very light and you may have some trouble feeling where your club head is throughout the swing. The SupeQuad has a 65 gram shaft and is more of a control club (despite Ez's issues). You will get a little bit less club head speed, but the ball does jump off the face of the SuperQuad. The 425 is basically a SuperQuad with a slightly smaller head, same general feel and feedback from the heads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520