• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Launch monitor or V1-type software?

JoshinWA

Reaction score
I have a guy at work that is getting obsessed with golf and wants to spend some money. He has just purchased a new driver and 3W, and now wants to drop some coin on either a launch monitor or swing analysis software.

For the launch monitor, we found the vector on eBay for around $1000. D'OH! Any thoughts? Are there other reasonably priced alternatives?

What about swing analysis SW? V1 looks okay, cSwing looks interesting... Thoughts? Anybody use any of these? He has a MiniDV camcorder for the vid capture...

Thanks all.

If someone would buy a swing analyzer, find a place to set it up, put in a net and charge $25 for short analysis he'd get rich. Or maybe be able to buy lot's of golf stuff with his monies.

I saw a portable launch monitor at Edwin Watts for $299. I remember it only gave limited info, though (IIRC: ball speed, launch angle, carry distance, and maybe another stat).

Launch monitors are to pricey for me, I use them when demoing clubs. I use CSwing at home, and works well for my needs. I only wish I could correct all of the flaws that I can blatantly see in my swing.

Launch monitors are to pricey for me, I use them when demoing clubs. I use CSwing at home, and works well for my needs. I only wish I could correct all of the flaws that I can blatantly see in my swing.

Do you have the version that gives you analysis of your swing and "lessons", or just that records your swing so you can watch it?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520