• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

laying my brand new driver to rest?

tsiguy96

Reaction score
thats right kids, im considering pulling my driver from the bag, as yesterday when i lpayed possibly the worst round of the season, i could not touch the fairway with it, so i ended up using my 3 wood, and while i didnt always hit the fairway with it, it went straight regardless of where i was aiming (except once) so im thinking mayyybe to not use my driver anymore

anyone only drive with their 3 wood?

depends on the day

lately, it hasn't been uncommon for me to only pull my driver out once or twice per round

the course I'm playing today...I may not hit driver all day, even though there are 6 par 5s

I just bought a new driver and while it demo'd great on the range I couldn't hit the thing to save my life after I bought it. It came with a 46" shaft that made me have to do all kinds of weird contortions just to get the ball to go semi-straight. What I ended up doing was having the shaft cut down to 44" and its made all the difference in the world.

It looks kind of weird now with that gigantic 454cc head on a 44" shaft, but so what? Who wants to complain about a 290 yard drive that lands in the fairway?

Yah, I often just use the three wood, but takes discipline to ignore the "go on...it'll work this time" demons.

I don't lose much distance and it's a lot straighter, most of the time.

Haven't quite got round to physically taking it out of my bag, though...

Kilted Arab said:
Yah, I often just use the three wood, but takes discipline to ignore the "go on...it'll work this time" demons.

I don't lose much distance and it's a lot straighter, most of the time.

Haven't quite got round to physically taking it out of my bag, though...

I took to using the 3 wood or the 19* hybrid off the tee a few weeks back, it was the first grown up decision I'd made in course management - but still I had those demons dancing on top of my Launcher, 580XD 983K. I finally went back to the Launcher last week, and I don't know whether it was lessons learned from the swing plane of the 3 wood but I'm currently driving better than ever, down the centre stripe of the fairway probably averaging 270 ... I know all good things will come to an end - but it's a different game at the momment walking straight down the fairway to your 2nd shot, ..

I played with 2 guys that were using the hogan ti driver with 13 degrees of loft in Ohio. They were really hitting the ball well with them. They were haveing a hard time hitting irons but they were killing that driver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520