• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lesson

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a lesson last night, very interesting indeed.

I thought I was going to be inside on the simulator but it was broken so we went outside. There was a strong right to left breeze. My main issue right now is with the driver, hitting low pulled hooks, so I wanted to get that sorted out. The wind exaggerated that,

My first couple of drives were nailed right down the middle, the pro looked at me as if to say WTF? But then a few of my weak shots leaked onto the scene. He quickly figured out that my problem stemmed from dipping my right shoulder and losing my height on my downswing, coming from inside with a closed club face.

So he gave me a few drills / thoughts to work on keeping my right shoulder high throughout and maintaining my height, hitting across as opposed to out. Soon enough I was pounding it out there. I was hitting some shots towards the heel / neck so the only other advice was to move ~1” further away from ball, no more. He suggested I work on hitting fades for a few weeks to build it into my swing. He reackoned everything else was solid, grip, alignment, ball position, takeaway. He even complimented me, just kissing my ass I reckon. Anyway I left a happy bunny.

I asked about my driver set up and he said I was fine with a stiff shaft, it would be easy to tell if it was not working, eg a weak fade. He liked the BioCell+ and hit a few drives with it. Wow, can that guy hit a ball. We went to pick up the balls afterwards and he was ~60 yards past my best efforts. I’m talking well over 300 yards. It made my drives look rubbish!! I’d heard people say how well he could drive the ball but in his own words he is "freakishly long".

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427