• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Maltby 250CT now juiced up with a Limey

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I gave the Solutions every chance. When it was good it was great, when I didn't swing it right, I lost it (mostly right). Probably more me than the Solutions, but I switched a Limey into into Graman 540UL and played today.

And I was crushing it! Really impressed with the head, but that shaft obviously just suits me best. I hit 3 or 4 drives about 270 / 280, as good as I have hit it over the past few months. Ball flight was just fantastic, boring but hanging in the air with a slight draw. I had one bad swing all day.

But I can tell you who was crushing it WAY past me. Andy_79!!! He was sporting a Titty D2 with a Proto By You X flex. He was just killing his driver (in fact he did the same last week too). Pity his wedge play was poor, or he could have had a great score today.

Anyway I now possess 3 Limeys; my driver, hybrid and now my 2 iron!!

THE FUTURE IS LIME COLOURED!! :)

IG - man you've got me itching now.

How about some specs on this Maltby? What loft? Face angle?

What version of the Limey? Doesn't Gramman have several?

Thanks!

Dude

The CT250 head is awesome, as good as any I have hit, and for ~$45 you can't go wrong. This was an experiment for me, and the Solutions didn't work as consistently as I liked. I think the stiff may have been a tad too stiff for my swing (approx 100-102mph). When I came through the ball well, it worked great, but I wasn't getting the forgiveness on less than 100% swings.

And I wasn't getting that silky smooth feeling that everyone else seems to get with the Solution. This whole no kick point is very interesting but it has to work, right? Anyway Irish is next in line to try it. I hope it works well for him.

Yes, it's the 540UL stiff. I find it similar to the Grafalloy Proto NT and the YS6+. I kinda like the Lime colour but at least there now seems to be options.

The head is neutral in 9.5 degrees. I figure you can knock one together for under $100 and still have change to buy yourself a sleeve of balls.

MALTBY CT250 DRIVER HEADS
1061specs.jpg

Thanks,

I am ordering one. I know a guy who knows a guy who can get me a good deal on a shaft for it ;)

Yes, it's the 540UL stiff. I find it similar to the Grafalloy Proto NT and the YS6+. I kinda like the Lime colour but at least there now seems to be options.

That is some good info. I just ordered up a 540UL from Rory to go with the Renegade head. Graman was a question mark for me, but if it is similar to the Proto NT and YS6+ it should suit me just fine. I have a Proto NT in an older driver and loved the feel of that shaft.

I kind of like the bright lime color, too. It will definitely stand out on the range and course on a dark day. :D

Actually, this has kind of inspired me to possibly pull the Comp NT out of the old driver and put it into the DCT. That may pick the ball flight up enough to make the 9* DCT perfect for me.

Thanks,

I am ordering one. I know a guy who knows a guy who can get me a good deal on a shaft for it ;)

Do I know this guy, that you know, who knows a guy that can get a good deal on a Graman?:laugh:

Dude

The CT250 head is awesome, as good as any I have hit, and for ~$45 you can't go wrong. This was an experiment for me, and the Solutions didn't work as consistently as I liked. I think the stiff may have been a tad too stiff for my swing (approx 100-102mph). When I came through the ball well, it worked great, but I wasn't getting the forgiveness on less than 100% swings.

And I wasn't getting that silky smooth feeling that everyone else seems to get with the Solution. This whole no kick point is very interesting but it has to work, right? Anyway Irish is next in line to try it. I hope it works well for him.

The head is neutral in 9.5 degrees. I figure you can knock one together for under $100 and still have change to buy yourself a sleeve of balls.

IrishGolfer

You should have tried the tip weighting discussed before scrapping the BB Solutions but anyway make sure Irish knows about that as an option!! (That's what made it work for my meager swing). :)

You should have tried the tip weighting discussed before scrapping the BB Solutions but anyway make sure Irish knows about that as an option!! (That's what made it work for my meager swing). :)

Ah yes I fully intend to create a thread to get a little advice from indacup or zaphod on how to top weight for the solutions

Ah yes I fully intend to create a thread to get a little advice from indacup or zaphod on how to top weight for the solutions

In post tomorrow PM dude!

WBL loves the Maltby so much it's not even in his sig anymore ;)

sssmokin ripped it away from me before I could put a stiff flex BB in it! The reg flex wasn't quite enough, even for me. :)

Believe me, the Maltby is as good a head as anything made... :)

this is a great head...i would like to buy a few more to keep around

VtDivot posted: WBL loves the Maltby so much it's not even in his sig anymore ;)

Son-of-a-gun.............look down. It somehow made it's way into my signature.......LOL. Haven't had a chance to try it yet here in the frozen tundra, but soon I will. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520