• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Match tactics

Splunge

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any good tricks for intimidation? Sneaky tactics?

Share your favorite here

My favorite is the "appearance is everything"
I find out who my opponent is, and size him up from afar. Then I judge wether he is a public boy, or a club kid, and I present myself as the exact opposite. If he has his shit squared away, and clearly plays at a club, I untuck my shirt in the back, dirty it up a bit, play without a glove (makes 0 difference for me weather I wear one or not) and other things, I wear my hat up high, etc. if he looks like a public kid, I pop my collar, make sure my shirt is tucked nice and tightly, pull my cap way down, walk with my chest up and out, and talk down to him.

I do the opposite, to throw them off, people are intimidated by people who are different. So the preppy kid thinks, oh I'm gonna smoke this looser, and in a blink of an eye, he is down two holes.

But I want to hear your guys tricks and tips too!

Oh I also like
"can you pul the flag?"

*pulls flag*

*takes a few practice putts, checks read, and plumb bobs again*

"Sorry, can you actually tend it for me?"

Or...

"Can you move your mark one to the left?"

*does as told*

"Sorry, I just got my lefts and rights backward, I meant one to the right..."

Walk in the dudes line, rattle change in your pocket, stand with your shadow over the ball.

Basically F with his head until he loses his $hit. Most people can't recover from that and it will be an easy win.

Pay attention kid, you won't learn this crap in school. :)

Lol I meant deeper things than that, that shit is basic!

First tee box. when you walk up to shake hands, kick him in the nuts and tell him you're going to kill him and dump his body in the woods on the course. Tee up, stripe it 300+ down the middle, turn around and yell "Suck that, bitches!!", get in your cart and drive to your ball without waiting for anyone else to hit.

Lol I meant deeper things than that, that shit is basic!
Deeper than that? It's a friggin golf match not a philosophy debate. :)

I guess you could get headcovers that are naked women.

I actually meant for this to be serious though, if you gents would kindly oblige.

I actually meant for this to be serious though, if you gents would kindly oblige.
I see our tactics are working at distracting you...now take these notes to the course.

lol...looking for a serious thread on Shottalk? The only thing serious about Shottalk is that we have a real life Samsquanch posting here...and he buys a lot of shit from Ebay.

My suggestions...

Talk to yourself. ALOT.

Piss in the cup before you pull the pin. Watch out for splash back.

Keep asking your playing partner if he's seeing anyone....but in a tone like you're interested in him. That'll get him uncomfortable. Then moan when he bends over to get his ball out of the cup. Also make lots of balls and shafts jokes.

FYI - Don't do this with McDavis....he will take you up on the offer. Unless you're into that I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520