• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Matt Kuchar Foresees Global Tour

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score

Matt Kuchar (Keith Allison)​
IN A STORY BY REUTERS, PGA TOUR star Matt Kuchar said he believes a worldwide golf tour will materialize in his lifetime:
The PGA and European Tours may soon join forces to create one unified global golf circuit, world number eight Matt Kuchar predicted on Tuesday, a move which could address scheduling complaints from top players.
The American believes the Asian and Australian Tours could also figure in the unified circuit, which was first mooted by golf great Greg Norman in the 1990s.
"I absolutely do see the PGA Tour, the European Tour, the Asian Tour, the Australian Tour somehow turning into some sort of global world tour," Kuchar told reporters in Melbourne on Tuesday ahead of this week's Australian Masters.
"I think it will be in my time.
"I think it seems like it's coming quicker in this last year ... we may all be saying Greg Norman was right in the day."​
Speaking of scheduling and getting to tournaments, Kuchar had an entertaining time traveling to Melbourne for the Australian Masters. There's no quick, easy way to travel to Australia, I suppose. At least not for Americans.

Kuchar putted out at The McGladrey Classic in Sea Island, Georgia, at 4 p.m. on Sunday and hopped on a private plane en route to Atlanta, where he hustled to board a connecting flight to Los Angeles. That's where "Kooch" encountered TMZ, the celebrity gossip news site.

"There were people in the airport with cameras. They were from TMZ," Kuchar said at GolfChannel.com. "This guy comes up and starts asking me questions. I'm a golfer, not a celebrity, but figured I'd better just answer them, so I tried to give him the most mundane, unusable answers I could."

Kuchar eventually boarded his flight to Melbourne, but it arrived two hours late after a passenger became ill.

"Part of the joys of travel," said the world No. 8 golfer.

Source: Matt Kuchar Foresees Global Tour

Tim Finchem poured water (or was it acid?) on Greg Norman's proposal back in the 90s. Hmmm ... wonder what he'd do these days?

I thought we already had a global tour

I thought we already had a global tour
With it holding tournaments in every continent (eg. the US based majors being co-sanctioned), it is arguable the European Tour is THE global tour.

With it holding tournaments in every continent (eg. the US based majors being co-sanctioned), it is arguable the European Tour is THE global tour.
I was thinking more that the top players on all tours typically play tournaments all over the globe. But I see your point.

China. They started the bids at 200k per tourney. Doesnt seem high til you start summing up....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520