• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Miami Heat loads up

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.......Chris Bosh and now LeBron James to go along with D Wade. Should be a big year for the Heat next year.

You're a few days late on this revelation, but it's nice to see that ONE member here is at least passively interested in the NBA.

If they "click" together, then frankly they shouldn't lose a game. Lebron can virtually score at will on a double team, as can DWade, and Bosh is supposedly the best player at his position in the league. I think those 3 alone should draw 7 defenders, and they'll only be playing against 5 man teams.

That being said, if a team CAN contain those 3 players, the Heat will lose every game. The rest of their roster is weak. Not, THAT being said, I don't see anyone being able to contain 3 superstars.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens with 3 franchise-superstars on one team; all three guys deserve to be "the man" on a team by themselves. If they can work together, 70+ wins.

Three great players, but only one basketball. That is why there is a such a thing called zone defense. Having said that, they will be hard to stop if they learn to work together. That may be easier said than done because somebody is going to have to be Robin. I know that I won't be rooting for them...I cannot stand LeBron James.

I can't stand Kobe Bryant but he's the best in the league. I know LeBron is supposed to be but I'll take Kobe when the pressure's on. Unfortunately there aren't many Kobe's or LeBron's around so the only advantage to having a NBA team (Bucks) nearby is to be able to see those guys when they visit. Give me the NCAA March madness any day over the NBA. There is no team play required in the NBA. Hotdog basketball.

Man, basketball is boring....especially pro

jmo

My only gripe is that during the regular season the pros all just prance around like they are playing in an all-star game. Pro baseball is getting that way too though. I hate watching these guys under multi-million dollar contracts just lope around because they don't want to get hurt. I like how if pro golfers don't play well they don't draw a check.

You are right. They go through the motions (regular season games) for three quarters and only exert a little more effort in the last quarter. It's very obvious.

I don't want to offend any fans...just my opinion of him.

Do you have a reason for that opinion? Or did you just pick a player's name out of a hat to despise? Or is it because he's exceptionally good? He hasn't done anything offensive to anyone that I can recall, and even his recent "betrayal" of Cleveland is seriously blown out of proportion. I can't imagine why your opinion would be that you "can't stand him." If you have a REASON for having that opinion, I'll respect it. But I never take "just because." That's a cop-out.

I only watched the playoffs last year, and up until then I felt the same way all of you do. I thought NBA basketball was a bore-fest. It probably is for the most part; the playoffs were very fun to watch, however. Celtics made a hell of a run considering they were, to understate it, not favored to win anything.

I don't care where teams are, and I am not a fan of any team. I like to watch good sport, in any sport. I think watching Lebron, or Kobe, or Wade etc. is a thrill. It's like watching a master craftsman work at his chosen trade. Kobe can hit shots from ANYWHERE under almost any circumstance. Perfect defense against him will drop his FG% down to maybe 35% at best; he's still going to make a lot of shots.

I would take Lebron over Kobe. Kobe's game is getting a bit more one-dimensional, but he's still #2 in the league to me. Lebron is young and explosive. Kobe is just a tad slower. Lebron is also growing into a jumpshot that's about as good as Kobe's. Lebron has had a better supporting cast, by FAR, for the entire time Lebron has been in the league. I'm very excited to see the Heat in action.

Or did you just pick a player's name out of a hat to despise? Or is it because he's exceptionally good?

Are you serious? Don't start trolling with me. Untie your panties, I'm entitled to my opinion like everyone else. My opinion is, he's the most egotistical athlete on the planet and I don't like his attitude. That's how I feel. I had no intentions of ruffling anyone's feathers over those comments.

Are you serious? Don't start trolling with me. Untie your panties, I'm entitled to my opinion like everyone else. My opinion is, he's the most egotistical athlete on the planet and I don't like his attitude. That's how I feel. I had no intentions of ruffling anyone's feathers over those comments.

If you had contained yourself, that would be a totally legitimate response whether I agree or not. I wanted to know that you had a REASON for your opinion. If you perceive him as being arrogant and egotistical, your opinion is worthwhile.

I disagree with you, but that's an entirely different matter. You are CERTAINLY entitled to an opinion on anything as long as you have a reason for it. Whether you, or myself, want to debate the REASON for your opinion is a different matter altogether. I don't, though I am curious and would like to know if I'm missing something.

Lebron is a bit full of himself but I think he's justified in feeling that way, and I've never witnessed any of the bad attitude you speak of. But maybe you've seen him do things I haven't, you know? That's why the REASON is so important; now I can keep an eye out and maybe form a MORE sensible opinion than the one I have already, or maybe you can provide some examples that I've not been aware of that could lead to me agreeing with you.

Totally not trolling. Wanting to understand you better, if nothing else.

Hey SUX, I can see where a.g. is coming from. Here are a couple of instances that come to mind about LeBron.
LeBron: Leaving floor early in loss wasn't quitting - NBA - ESPN
Lebron James disses Orlando Magic after playoff loss - Collegenews.
And I don't know anyone else who had to have a 1 hour press conference just to say "I'm going to Miami"
These things in a lot of peoples minds say that he cares more about himself than anything else.
Myself, I agree with what you have said in past posts about celebrities. He's not my hero or my idol. And this being America, he's entitled to be as big as a jackass as he wants to be. Just like anyone of us. But don't be surprised if we don't find it as being one of his more endearing qualities.

I wanted to know that you had a REASON for your opinion. .

Since when did we have to start justifying what we say on this board, as long as it doesn't violate the rules of the board.

We make statements all the time and have no justification for it, hell there was even a thread about PGA players were don't like for "no reason."

Well, I guess it will be the same as when Miami Heat had Wade, Shaq (on his good days), Moruning, etc. hey won one year without resistance and sucked big time the rest of the seaons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520