• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mickelson & Callaway

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that Phil doesnt have the Cally logo on the front of his hat? Also heard until he got KPMG on the front now, the last few weeks he wouldnt even wear a hat endorsing Callaway.

Problems in the Mickelson tent? Anyone got any info?

It was Bearing Point that used to be on the front of his hat. He had a compensation issue with them and went to Callaway Golf on the front for the first few tournaments this season. He had KPMG Consulting on there for years prior to making the switch to Bearing Point. Has had Callaway on the side or back since he moved to them from Titleist.

Ah ok, I was curious if something was going on with him v. Callaway.

He never wore Callaway on his hat until the Bearing Point deal fell. Callaway kisses his butt. After all, he is the number two player in the world and if they can't have Tiger they'll sure want to keep #2. :)

It was Bearing Point that used to be on the front of his hat. He had a compensation issue with them and went to Callaway Golf on the front for the first few tournaments this season. He had KPMG Consulting on there for years prior to making the switch to Bearing Point. Has had Callaway on the side or back since he moved to them from Titleist.

The guy at bearing point that made the deal with Phil got fired, so the new ceo decided to nix Phil's deal that was worth 8 Mil. a year. Which hurts because the big sponsors are hard to find..This from the Golf Channel.

I would guess that losing $375M last year may have had something to do with it to. Probably hard for the new CEO to justify $8M for a hat, even if it is Phil's hat.

I heard Bearing Point screwed Phil out of some money or didn't pay him what they owed him. I think he's sueing or something. :)

warbirdlover posted: He never wore Callaway on his hat until the Bearing Point deal fell. Callaway kisses his butt. After all, he is the number two player in the world and if they can't have Tiger they'll sure want to keep #2. :)
If he keeps making 11s on the Par 5s, he won't be #2 for very long. :laugh:

He never wore Callaway on his hat until the Bearing Point deal fell. Callaway kisses his butt. After all, he is the number two player in the world and if they can't have Tiger they'll sure want to keep #2. :)

Lol I do agree with you on that! I guess I would do the same if I were [Link Deleted]

Note from Mod:

Welcome to the board, twill. :) Just a friendly reminder that we do not allow links in your posts for the first 15 posts.

ualtim

Also, isn't Sergio #2 now? He was a couple of weeks ago.

Also, isn't Sergio #2 now? He was a couple of weeks ago.

I heard the same thing on the Golf Channel the other day, too, but I never looked it up. Wouldn't surprise me, Sergio had a good year.

Don't know how Phail managed to hang onto the #2 ranking as long as he did? Was outplayed by quite a few players this year.

Don't know how Phail managed to hang onto the #2 ranking as long as he did? Was outplayed by quite a few players this year.

Yeah I definitely think Phil is a great player... but I think over the last few years there have been other players more deserving of #2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520