• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Milwaukee Golf Show

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to meet Rory (indacup) and the TourSwing guys along with ejdaul21. Eric and I got on the monitor. Bill Schroeder wasn't there today so didn't get to talk to an ex-Packer and now long driver competitor. These were not Indacup Golf's monitor's but TourSwing's and the one I got on (older version) was acting up and eventually quit. Besides swinging like I was shoveling snow and not swinging a driver (first time swinging after 3 months of isolation in our igloo). It was pretty ugly. After Eric moved over on the other launch monitor and the numbers were more consistent he started out at 108 mph with his driver and slowly got that up to 112 mph. They handed him a couple of TourSwing demo clubs to try and at the end he was up to 118 mph ss!! I KNEW he would be since he bombs them out there. Wi-Golfer can attest to that. I won't say what my numbers were because I never swung the same way twice... :( But I didn't like the TourSwing Vengeance shafts either in stiff or regular flex. R35 would probably love them. :) Rory is a fun guy and it sounds like he's gonna make our Wisconsin outing in June. ejdahl21 can't this year. Rest of the Milwaukee Golf Show sucked big time. Hardly any OEM's there. Ping had the nice setup with monitors etc. Others just had a small table of junk. Srixon and Bridgestone. Oh yeah, TaylorMade had a teeny display. No Nike this year or Callaway. I won't bother going next year. No discount golf coupons to be had. Pathetic for a city the size of Milwaukee. :(

I won't say what my numbers were because I never swung the same way twice... :( But I didn't like the TourSwing Vengeance shafts either in stiff or regular flex. R35 would probably love them. :) (

Zimage1.jpg

Way ahead of you....:prop:

R35

I expected to see ejdaul21 swing to post some big swing speed numbers. He pounds the ball off the tee.what clubs did Rory have Eric hit?

Did you find the Vengeance shafts to have stiff tips for your swing or what??

Sounds like the rest of the show was similar to Madison's carnival of chiropractors.:prop:

Great, this really brings me down guys...i just hopped on to see how great the show was because i am just about to hit the road on my way over there...and i see this??? I cant believe this one is going to be a bust too...

O well, i will get to meet rory and get fitted for a renegade driver! Good enough for me to drive 2hours both ways. At least i can get out of town for a while and see something new!

I expected to see ejdaul21 swing to post some big swing speed numbers. He pounds the ball off the tee.what clubs did Rory have Eric hit?

Did you find the Vengeance shafts to have stiff tips for your swing or what??

Sounds like the rest of the show was similar to Madison's carnival of chiropractors.:prop:

zaphod

I think they were tip stiff. (Felt like R35's Graf Blue S flex I tried).. And Eric hit mostly the Renegades. He hit his R5 Dual N as good as the others (distance) but the other's gave higher ss's and that might only be because he was "loosening up". Weird thing was he was getting lot's more yardage with his (heavier?) R5 at lower swingspeeds. Maybe because he was so used to it and made better face contact? The Renegade heads feel good. The shafts (for me) didn't. And ya, lot's of "Amazing Purple Stuff" cleaners and non-golf related bullshit there. Even Bret Favre memorabelia!!! :)

The show sucked! I can honestly say the Madison one was better. Went with my daughter & grandson today, we tried the putting deal...real nice too since the balls would hop more than roll, if I was on a real course & the greens were anything like that I would demand my money back.

Fewer chiropractors than the Madison show but a lot more non golf crap also. Kinda weird to see promotors for Utah & Georgia there also. I signed up again for the deal the Bergamont has where you play 1 rd & then get 1 free.

You did better then me. I didn't find any deals or reduced rates on courses. :( Did you go on the monitor and meet Schroeder? :)

You did better then me. I didn't find any deals or reduced rates on courses. :( Did you go on the monitor and meet Schroeder? :)

Nah, didn't bother. There was a little bit of a crowd at that spot & I really tend to hate crowds so I just moved along. Did win a free cup from the Mohican place for spinning the wheel...although it did cost me $2 to spin so i guess it's not really free.

On the positive side, at least I know what I don't have to attend next year:D

What does or did look very cool was the golf show they had in Florida where all those new products were revealed & several of our members attended & posted in the blog about.

That one in Florida is the "biggey" where all the manufacturer's show their new goodies for the coming season. Biggest in the country. Not like these local jokes. You still should have stopped and said hi to indacup at the TourSwing booth. :)

Just got back, talked to rory for a while, he has lots of awesome stories to tell.

Schroeder was there when i was there, didnt meet him face to face but DAYUM that Super Bowl ring was NICE!!!

Got on the monitor, made some horrible swings...meh, whats new.

Rest of the show pritty much sucked...i think i spent mroe time looking at the GMC cars and trucks they had on display than looking at anything else. The putting competition(if you could call it putting) was rediculous...i watched on guy bounce it off the wood ont he side and it bounced over the cup. No used balls, hardly any used clubs or new ones for that matter, hardly any shoes...barely any apperal at all...really disapointing. Well worth the drive though to meet rory and the Tour Swing guys adn schroeder.

The girlfriend and i hit the SouthRidge Mall afterwards, spent more time there than we did at the golf show, pritty nice mall...picked up tons of Cinnabon cinnamon rolls!!! Damn those are good.

Agree on those cinnamin rolls! Last year's show was bad but this year's had about half the golf stuff and almost no OEM's showing off new clubs. Pathetic show. Rory and the crew were where everyone was gathered.... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520