• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno Irons

gunning4u

Reaction score
Not really looking for new irons at the moment unless I go on a big run playing poker or hit a 500$ pull tab at the bar LOL. I like my LT’s they kind of a players cavity back but they are still pretty forgiving. I like how they don’t have as big of offset as most of the so called game improvement irons I don’t have a problem closing the club face but still around the face a little on contact. I was looking at the spec’s of both the MX-25’s and the MP-60’s and both have less offset than the LT’s. I assumed I would be looking at the 60’s or maybe the new 57’s when they come out but now I’m thinking maybe the 25’s would be closer to what I’m playing currently. Has anybody out there hit the 60’s and the 25’s and maybe the LT’s and give some comparisons. They say the MX-25 is game improvement iron but after looking at the specs they don’t seem as GI as Callaway and Taylormade GI lines. I would say my iron game is ok right now, I like to work the ball some and hit knock down in the wind, but it’s still the part of my game that needs the most improvement. I like my LT’s but don’t like the feel I get from the 8,9 and PW just seems like the ball just jumps off the face and its hard for me to control distance when I’m in-between clubs from 160-150 yards out and want to get it close.

To be fair, I've never hit any iron as well as Mizunos. I think I'm brand-loyal now.

I've played both..

The 25's are more forgiving but the 60 for a semi cavity/blade are pretty forgiving too.. If you have off days, the 25's will be your friend more then the 60's

It also depends on what you like as far as profile, sole width, top line and offset.. as they are very different. The 25's at address look definitely bulkier. The 60's look no different to a blade at address

At the end of the day, cant go wrong with either, but your best bet is to demo. I played the 60's and ended up with the 25's.. i'm still trying to groove a better swing so that bit extra helps

I cannot think of another iron I'd rather hit than my 23's except another Mizuno...:miz:

Just another thought. Mizuno will allow you to mix a set. So you could get the 8,9 and PW in the MP-60 and the longer irons in the more forgiving MX-25's. Personally that would be to distracting for me, but was worth mentioning.

Doesn't Mizuno have a new set of clubs coming out that supposedly is between the mp-60s and mx-25s?

I love mizuno as well. My MP-32s are the best set of irons I have played. (after I got them fitted to me)

Doesn't Mizuno have a new set of clubs coming out that supposedly is between the mp-60s and mx-25s?

I love mizuno as well. My MP-32s are the best set of irons I have played. (after I got them fitted to me)
Those are the 57's he mentioned in the initial post.
assumed I would be looking at the 60’s or maybe the new 57’s when they come out but now I’m thinking maybe the 25’s would be closer to what I’m playing currently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520

3. 15,300