• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mizuno MX23 VS TM RAC OS2

Randicap

Mediocre is better
Reaction score
I'm getting stale. I've been playing RAC OS2's for about three years now. I've always felt that it's not the stick, but the swing, so I've never considered changing irons.

I feel like I've plateaued. I've been working so hard on my iron game all season. Bucket after bucket, with lessons in between, but I'm just not getting better with the irons. I think it's time for a change--even if it's just a lateral movement to shake things up.

Anyway, I've been reading about MX23's. There's quite a few of them on ebay. I know I want Mizunos--if anything else just to be out of the norm a bit from what the locals play around here.

Can anyone give me a quick review or comparison between the RAC OS2's and the Mizzy MX23's?

I just made the switch from TM to Mizuno also. Most of what I read was that the 25's were better than the 23's and the new 200's were even better. They are essentially the same club with some improvements along the way. I went with the 23's cause my dad played them pretty well and I got a crazy deal on them.

As far as the switch from TM. I played the older 200 series clubs. I never went to any of the rac's because I felt it was a lateral move. The gain with Mizuno is the feel of the forged irons. The TM 200's and Mizuno 23's are the same degree throughout the set and a little strong. I may have lost about a half club in length but I figured that was from the difference in offset. I would say go far it. I tried a few other options before I went with these and haven't looked back, I am a solid 10 handicapper and have played 8 or 9 rounds with the 23's all between 78-83. They are solid clubs.

Jason

Thanks. I'm hoping the change to the Mizuno's will help me feel my mishits more. I think the RACs just mask it and I'm not able to make changes to work on the flaws.

Has anyone played both the RAC OS's and MX-23's that can make a comparison for me?

Has anyone played both the RAC OS's and MX-23's that can make a comparison for me?

Even if someone had played those exact same clubs... that doesn't really mean their experience will translate into what you should expect. So many golf games are so wildly different from person to person. You just need to get fitted/hit them and go with what feels and performs best for you.

I went from OS2's to MX-23's and was very happy with the change. The 23's were softer and had more feel. Distance was about the same for me. I debated 23's vs. 25's (25's had just come out at the time) and simply liked the 23's better.

I'd say do it.

I'm going to do it. My brother is going to buy my RAC's off me, which will help with the cost. MX-200s--here I come!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520