• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Most balls found in a round?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
Reaction score
I know, I know.. WHY am I in there looking, right?

Today we played 18, since it was so damn nice out, and being a two-some, we usually play at a nice click around the course. A 3 hour- 3 hour 15minute round without any hang ups, is our usual run time without a clubhouse stop.

In any case, today wasn't really busy, but got stuck behind a 4-some of extreme hacks. You know, the kind who take 5 practice swings, dig holes while doing so, then send one 25 yard right, and 10 yard forward. Rinse and repeat.

They WOULD NOT let us play through, so after 5 holes, we played INTO them. While having the time between holes/shots, we looked for balls.

We split up our cache evenly after the round, and I personally came home with 41 balls. All sorts, plenty of good balls too, as well as the cart path victims and junk balls. I let him take an extra ball as we came out with 83 balls. We've NEVER found that many!

Too bad I just stocked up on 8 dozen balls in the past few weeks for the season!

41 balls will last me a good while, considering I didn't lose but 1 ball today.

So, how many do you normal find, or do you not even bother to look?

All depends on the course & how hard I want to search. I have found as little as 0 & as many as 18...that was on a 9 hole course. Typically I would guess I find 3-4 per 9 holes.

Probably found that many a number of rounds, but usually throw 1/2 of them back. Only usually keep decent golf balls, mainly Titleist, Callaways. Have found about 20 or so in one spot before. They have some spots on the course where when people hit there they rarely even venture to look. I usually only do if it is in a tournament or match play.

It is not rare for me to leave the course with maybe a dozen decent golf balls if the group I am with has a bad round off the tee.

Last winter I was out on the course on a bitter cold day. On one hole there is a tidal pond and the tide was way out reavealing more balls than you could count. I only kept the Titleist ProVs and NXTs and threw all the junk balls in a pile on the bank. I got 41 premium balls in about 20 minutes. Enough to fill my shag bag with premium balls to practice with.

You know those big grey plastic trash cans? Well, in high school, my team went out to a local course that is difficult and in the woods (Paako) and filled two of them.

Course let us, and we had practice balls for the rest of the year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520