• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

mp-32

timabel1991

Reaction score
i want to get some mp-32s(mizunos) but my coach says i shldn't as my handicap is 23. i think that they will improve my game. shall i get them? ive jsut been for a fitting and i scored better withthe mp-32s

You coach is right.

Try the MX-23s, they are much more suited to your current h/c. The MP-32s are great looking but are a playas club.

my handicap is 23 because i have lately been having to play with my mums clubs. in my bag i have a taylor made blade and i can hit that better than my cavity backs

If its your mums it will be shorter and lighter hence why you hit it well.Listen to your coach.

the taylor made is a mens std length 6 iron and i hit it like a bomb

timabel1991 said:
the taylor made is a mens std length 6 iron and i hit it like a bomb

If you already know what you want to do then don't let any of us stand in your way. If you ask what we think we're gonna tell ya.

Ok they will improve your game,buy them.

For what it's worth, the MP32's were the highest rated set of irons in this years Golf Magazine club test issue. A good share of the higher handicap golfers in the test rating them quite high, not just the better players.

Bottom line is this. If you like the MP32's and you hit them well, that's really all that matters. Not what I think or anyone else. Assuming it's your money, you get to buy what you want. Do it.

That said, there is one good reason to get the MP32's. With them you will know when you make a good swing and solid contact with the ball and when you don't. And that will teach you a lot more about your game than hitting a set of irons that feel the same whether you hit the ball solid or not. But, that's just my opinion on playing too foregiving a set of clubs.

Don said:
That said, there is one good reason to get the MP32's. With them you will know when you make a good swing and solid contact with the ball and when you don't. And that will teach you a lot more about your game than hitting a set of irons that feel the same whether you hit the ball solid or not. But, that's just my opinion on playing too foregiving a set of clubs.

..amen, I'm not a beginner but I consider myself a decent player (10.7) and have been playing them for about 2 months now and love them..it still even tells me when my swing was crap..and it's WAY easier/forgiving than a true blade..get 'em, practice, practice, practice. I consider them game improvement clubs.

Maverick said:
.. I consider them game improvement clubs.

While not the classic CB style, I would agree somewhat with this assessment. I have Macgregor VIP's and those are a similar improvement style blade as well.

Uh? MP-32s game improvement clubs??!! You are joking right? They might be if you are still hitting your MP-37s when you are 60,but improvement clubs have perimeter weighting,offset,a low cog,a larger os head and a bigger sweetspot.The MP-32 has a slightly wider sole and a lower cog than the MP-33,this doen't make them improvement clubs,it just makes them easier to hit than a blade.

I've hit them and they are without doubt the nicest iron I have ever hit,they just go to high for me.

dave,

I think what the guys are trying to say is that playing a blade or muscleback iron improves your gameplay by forcing you to hit the ball on the button. The bigger sweet spot clubs like a OS or cavity back allows one to almost be lazy, and never improve more than the large sweetspot will allow.

I agree, to an extent, that blades or "cut muscle" clubs can be game improving, IF you are willing to put the time and patience into them. That being said, I'm still an advocate of going to a cavity back iron for those that are weekend warriors, and not shooting for the tour. That makes up about 99% of golfers out there.

If you hit the 32's well, and you like how they set up, then buy them. If you like Cobras SS Forged, buy those. If you like screwing a coffee can to a broken hockey stick and hitting balls close with those, then do it. It's all a matter of personal opinion plus the amount of time you're going to dedicate to the game.

If it helps, hitting your moms irons won't make a lick of difference if you can't putt and chip. I'm willing to bet with a 23 handicap that 40% of your strokes over par are from poor putting/chipping, and not your iron play.

R35

Rockford35 said:
dave,

I'm still an advocate of going to a cavity back iron for those that are weekend warriors, and not shooting for the tour. That makes up about 99% of golfers out there.

R35

agreed,there is a lot of hype around blades,they are almost a badge of honour,which is ridiculous.

dave. said:
agreed,there is a lot of hype around blades,they are almost a badge of honour,which is ridiculous.

Ridiculous, but not uncommon.

I played blades, and probably could play them 365 days a year....if I could play 365 days a year. That was the fundamental problem, i just didn't have the time to commit to them to be that player. As much as it sucks, i had to look at the bigger picture, swallow my "badge" and move on to sticks that would a) allow me to be lazy and b) allow me to play good, no great, golf without suffering the effects of as little as 4 or 5 days off.

At the end of the day, the scorecard tells what you should be playing, what you should be doing with your game and who's the golfer that plays to his/her strengths and weaknesses.

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427