• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My wife hates you guys!

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Reaction score
...because I'm spending too much money lately on golf stuff.

Today I had nothing much to do, so I went over to a golf shop a few minutes from the house to look for something to replace my 3W. I'm not going to get another 3W, as I never hit the damn thing very well anyway, so I was trying out some 16° hybrids. I hit a Cleveland Halo, Cleveland Hibore, and Tour Edge. Talk about night and day. I hit all 3 clubs in the simulator, and although the numbers don't have much bearing on reality, they are ok for comparison purposes.

The 2 16° Clevelands felt and hit about the same. I really couldn't tell any difference, except one was $30 more than the other. The best I did on the simulator was 172 yards (that's what I mean by no relation to reality :rolleyes:... I hit my 19° TM Mid over 200 at sea level).

By comparison the Tour Edge was incredible!!!! The first swing it registered 200 yards, with a slight pull hook. Changed the setup just slightly and WHAM!!! 223 dead straight. 215 straight. 210 and 2 yards right. 225 straight. Wow. Now I'm just worried that I won't be satisfied with my TM Hybrids any more....:( But this replaces my old 3W... maybe not as long, but at least I'll get some use from it.

Club Specs:
Tour Edge Exotics CB2 16° w/Aldila NV Exotics Hybrid 90S
List at the shop was $199.99 got it for $175.

Sweet. I'm telling ya, TE makes some incredibly underrated product.

I'm glad you found a winner. And good on ya for testing out a bunch and seeing the difference for your particular swing.

And tell your wife that not one of us is sorry, not in the least. :D

R35

someone else took my idea!

i thought i was the only one who played a 3w hybrid...

someone else took my idea!

i thought i was the only one who played a 3w hybrid...

Theoretically it's a 2I, but it will replace my 3W just because I hate that club. Don't need it anyway, and this club I can HIT. :)

yeah, i have a 2i(17*) and a 1i(14*). Most people dont even consider to option of going with a hybrid to replace their 3w...

Tour Edge makes some quality stuff. The CB2 line is absolutely amazing. The only problem with the CB2's is they may hit it too far and leave a distance gap. :D

"My wife hates you guys!" That's our job! It's a proven fact that stress can actually strengthen a marriage. If it were always easy, there would be no appreciation of making it through the tough time. So...

Shot Talk's goal is to give you every bit of assistance needed to build your marriage... to encourage discussion (Wow! If that's what you call discussion...)... Just remember, "We're here to help!!!!" Continue active involvement in this discussion board and we'll see that your marriage is so strong that... Well, you get the picture!!!!

Tour Edge makes some quality stuff. The CB2 line is absolutely amazing. The only problem with the CB2's is they may hit it too far and leave a distance gap. :D

Which makes it a good substitute for a 3W :D

Most people dont even consider to option of going with a hybrid to replace their 3w...

I have a 16* and an 18* hybrid. I use one or the other depending on what track I am playing. I am not carrying a true wood at all anymore.

You're wife doesn't hate me, OHHHHH YEAH!

Hahaha, nice find on the TE.

I had the new club out on the range today... HOORAY... THEY'RE OPEN!!!

This club is sweet. The Simulator didn't lie. I was pounding it, dead straight or with a tiny fade. Ok, it off the mats, since they won't open the grass area until the grass can grow back, but I love this club. I was hitting TM hybrids well too, but not the same kind of fell that I get from this one. I think it's a keeper....:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520