• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Info/Help from ShotTalk Computer Geeks . . .

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Reaction score
I've noticed that on some web pages, apostrophes and other characters don't render correctly. For example:

ai340.photobucket.com_albums_o325_HarryLongshanks_characterproblem.jpg

(I enlarged the section of the screen cap for ease of viewing.)

Note how the first apostrophe renders correctly, but the next 2 do not.

This is if Firefox 3. In IE 7, it is the same, except the boxes do not have letters inside them.

Is there something I can do to fix this, or is it a coding error that can only be resolved on the website side?

Thanks.

I have no idea what might cause this, probably website error. Is it only happening on specific web pages?

If it happens on more than one site, then it is most likely an issue with your computer. I'd check the Regional and Language Settings in your Control Panel (assume a Windows system.) You may not have the proper language support loaded. It could also be a font issue. Perhaps a font set got corrupted. I don't know how to fix that.

Also, go to Internet Properties and check that the font support is set properly. Most english-based systems should be set to "Latin Based."

Try a different font, does the problem persist?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301