• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need new clubs what to do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Acer clubs look like a great deal, I can get the whole set of XP 905 irons right around $200. I would go with the standard steel shafts.

One question I have is on grips. I notice their default grip is just solid black. My current clubs have some lines running down the grips which I find useful for helping line my hands up in a consistent fashion. Probably just a beginner cheat but it seems to help me. Any suggestions on grips? I was a little overwhelmed looking at the huge list of choices.

Thanks for all the help.

DH

The Acer clubs look like a great deal, I can get the whole set of XP 905 irons right around $200. I would go with the standard steel shafts.

One question I have is on grips. I notice their default grip is just solid black. My current clubs have some lines running down the grips which I find useful for helping line my hands up in a consistent fashion. Probably just a beginner cheat but it seems to help me. Any suggestions on grips? I was a little overwhelmed looking at the huge list of choices.

Thanks for all the help.

DH

Lampkin crossline's would do the trick, but you might want to go to your local golf shop and take a look at the options you have.

If you like the hand setup markings on the grip i would get the Golf Pride V-55. I play them on all my clubs except putter, and lob wedge(I haven't worn it out yet).

Jaden

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for all the help guys. I ordered a set of the Acer 905 irons. I actually ran into a guy at the driving range who had a set and he let me try a couple swings they felt pretty good. Can't wait for them to get here later this week.

On a side note I played 9 yesterday--first golf I've played in 4 years. Shot a 58 which is pretty bad but I had enough decent shots that I didn't get too discouraged. There was literally one shot per hole that was a so bad it was a where the hell did that come from moment. Figure if I can eliminate that one shot per hole I'll be on my way toward more respectable scores.

Thanks again, I'm sure I'll have more questions.

DH

Agree with the posters recommending the TA 845's. Classic design and very well made. Another suggestion would be to go on ebay and look for some Ping ISI's. Also top notch sticks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520