• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Network question

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I need to modernize my little bookkeeping function, which has been quickbooks on a pc with cloud backup, to a multiple point of access (even remote) system. Incorporating mc/visa and other paynent functions, and email capabilities for advertising is useful. I was thinking of mounting it on a server at the store, as the word is that the online version is fundamentally different and sucks generally. Thoughts?

I need to modernize my little bookkeeping function, which has been quickbooks on a pc with cloud backup, to a multiple point of access (even remote) system. Incorporating mc/visa and other paynent functions, and email capabilities for advertising is useful. I was thinking of mounting it on a server at the store, as the word is that the online version is fundamentally different and sucks generally. Thoughts?
I've heard the same thing on the cloud based application. Your plan sounds solid.

upload_2014-6-2_10-2-36.jpeg

I've dealt with quickbooks online in the past and it is a total pos. You may take a look at other web based alternatives because I think there are some intriguing choices.

Why do you like it? It seems more personal single function use. I have crews running commercial and residential contract jobs and an automotive retail too. The software needs to be full function.

The inventory control is better in QBO though. Thats clear.

Last edited:
Why do you like it? It seems more personal single function use. I have crews running commercial and residential contract jobs and an automotive retail too. The software needs to be full function.

The inventory control is better in QBO though. Thats clear.
Do you need scheduling software as well as inventory, etc???

Do you need scheduling software as well as inventory, etc???
We have been pretty good with google calender, it gives a morning list of the days event and has seperate calanders for seperate functions.

Because it ties in with google maps, the damned thing will respond to changing traffic conditions and give you a tickle when its time to leave so you are not late.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520