• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Bag

Glenn70

Reaction score
After buying a new set of Ping i5's, I'm looking for a new bag for them. I've narrowed my choices down to three bags. I was hoping some of you may have these and can offer some insight. My concerns about each bag and why I haven't "pulled the trigger" yet are next to them.

Ping Discover 2006 - Small pockets on bottom are vertical, not offering much in the way of access. Doesn't have 14 full length dividers, ( 14 openings, but only 6 full length pockets

Ping Trailblazer 2006 - Like the looks and the pockets, not wild about the club management system....any thoughts?

Nike Slingshot Tour Cart Bag - Would prefer an outside putter tube, not in love with the looks. But the pockets seem deep and easy to get to.

As you can guess, I'm in the market for a cart bag...I never walk, so a stand bag is out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a Bennington bag on eBay. We are very happy together. I guess the sky is the limit on golf bags, depending on how much you want to spend and what your needs are. Make sure you like what it looks like as well.

I just got an new Ogio and I can vouch for it as well. Great construction, light weight (for in and out of the car) and lots of pockets.

Plus it looks like it came out of Terminator 3, which is a cool bonus...:D

R35

I just got an Ogio Grom, in stand-bag form, and it's a little heavy.

Though, since you'll be carting it, weight wont' be an issue.

The BEST thing about the Ogio's, in my opinion, is the Zipperless Ball Pocket. Why did it take manufacturers 100 years to think of something like that?

I think you'll absolutely love the ZBP in a cart bag.

Plus the Woode system is unmatched in my opinion. Sorting, and finding, my clubs has never been easier.

Look to the Ogio's.

Rockford35 said:
I just got an new Ogio and I can vouch for it as well. Great construction, light weight (for in and out of the car) and lots of pockets.

Plus it looks like it came out of Terminator 3, which is a cool bonus...:D

R35

Another chance for a cart bag/old man joke... but... I'll let it pass.

sissy...

A sissy with no sore shoulders.

When you carry 21 clubs like I do, you need every advantage you can get! :D

R35

There's only one bag imho; the R7 Stand Bag.

Great-looking, loads & loads of storage, cool drinks compartment, couple of plush valuables pockets, great double-strap system, stand, putter well, etc.

An all-round cracking bag :)

Rockford35 said:
A sissy with no sore shoulders.

When you carry 21 clubs like I do, you need every advantage you can get! :D

R35

I must admit, I get some sore shoulders - especially in the middle of the summer.

I finally wore out the straps on my sun mountain ultralite, and got a new bag for xmas this year, hopefully this one will be better.

I had sore shoulder for almost a month straight. Probably because i was playing forged and carrying 17 clubs.

I went to the cart for a couple weeks and played outstanding golf. I found that I had more energy on 18 than I ever did all season.

That sold me right there. There's nothing worse that feeling rundown on the teebox on 18 when you need to stripe one between bunkers.

R35

Cart as in trolley, Rock ?

You damn Yanks* always call buggies "carts" & trolleys "pull-carts."

* He'll love that !! :D

1 Bad thing about Ogio: I had one. It was brilliant for the first 10 months or so.

Then almost every part of the bag started ripping. I had the sewing kit out after every round!

Good bag if you've got the money to buy a new one every 10 months.

I second that R7 Stand Bag from Taylor Made! It's awesome. Does the job, is lite weight, sturdy and looks great. I got mine on my birthday last year and love it. Girlfriend got it from eBay for a steal!

Definitely recommend it.

PJ

Andy_79 said:
Cart as in trolley, Rock ?

You damn Yanks* always call buggies "carts" & trolleys "pull-carts."

* He'll love that !! :D
A "buggie" was last seen in the states back around 1900. Then the horseless carriage came along and obsoleted them.

Trolleys are big, bus-like things that travel on rails in big cities.

Jeez - just because you guys invented the language doesn't mean we didn't perfect it. Get with the program!

In the words of "Team America - World Police":

AMERICA - F*CK YEAH!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35