• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Shaft Update

indacup

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay...since we have been getting so many emails and calls from various forum members about the new shaft, I thought it best to start a thread about it and respond here and point all the questions to this thread.

As of yesterday (2/20/10), here's what I can tell you:

1) After 21 months of design and testing with LDA, PGA and local players...including this last prototype testing, I think we (TourSwing with input by Indacupgolf) have found the best material, graphite weave to achieve the performance we want and never done before. The numbers and almost as important, the things you CANNOT gauge, seem to have been met. So we are ready to move forward.

2) As mentioned earlier, one of the biggest hurdles was to create a shaft with specific performance characteristics......at an affordable price point. As you may recall, because of the unique material and blend of them (all proprietary specs), we were originally looking at a minimum $200 price point...but it appears we may be able to deliver this around the $130 - $150 price range....(lets keep our fingers crossed)...I will know more next week.

3) Since the design is so unique, we decided to make the appearance just as unusual.....at this point in time we selected two colors....each color (as far as I know) have been used as a solid color for a shaft only once. The color (each time) was so bizarre, it was never used again (by anyone)....so we decided "WTF?" lets COMBINE the two and see what happens! (I expect this shaft to make the old Limey's look bland by comparison).

I hope to have the artwork done by the end of next week.

4) Yes, we WILL do a pre-book offering at a reduced price. I know we will be increasing our first order over our original expectations because those who tested the shaft have already asked us to make sure we set aside some for them.

So there ya go guys....if you have any questions please feel free to ask here.

No kidding, if this thing is fluro green and orange and has a stiff tip I'll bag it quicker than dissing Halle berry (see 'figure this out' thread for clarification of how quick that is).

Looking forward to some pics and data.

No kidding, if this thing is fluro green and orange and has a stiff tip I'll bag it quicker than dissing Halle berry (see 'figure this out' thread for clarification of how quick that is).

Looking forward to some pics and data.

I can share a bit more....

Bear in mind we have another batch coming in this week for a tweaking we may make...so I want to warn that the numbers are subject to change....but right now we are looking at a mid launch/low spin design with a "relatively" firm tip (designed for deeper bore heads of 1.25 and greater).

Weight will be between 68-72 gms....we may offer them in both 46 & 48" length.

We tested a few different torque samples and the ones that work out best so far have been around the 3.2 zone, and oddly enough, the design makes these shafts feel a lot higher...very smooth!

We took some out a couple weeks ago and had some locals and guys (like ex Green Bay Packer/now LDA player,Bill Schoeder) intentionally hit off center face and the recovery on these shafts were remarkable.

Deflection rate on the samples have been nothing greater than .001

At this point in time, my biggest fear will be cosmetics and price point.

Oh, and you can relax.....we will make them in both right and left handed versions! ;)

Please, please tell me the colors are lime green and purple. You can call it the IndaCup Straight PIMP (Proprietary Insanely Massive Performance).

F U S C I A Z E B R A !!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424