• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Shaft..

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Reaction score
when my r5 dual type N comes back from being warrantied, i want to get the NV out of there... or if TM's feeling cheap, they will put a MAS2 in the new one...

so im thinking either Fuji Speeder 757, Aldila Proto By You, or Graffaloy Epic... any advice or reviews would be great.,, currently im launching the ball too low with the 9.5 loft, and the low launch characteristics on the NV... i know ez hated his epic... but would i like it?

im leaning towards the Aldila Proto.. how much would i be spending on ebay? how much for the speeder and epic?

and im trying to pickup a TM RAC satin TP 54* to replace both my 52 and 56.... hopefully i get a nice price.... im cheap... and poor..:(

You want a slightly used V2?
icon10.gif

when my r5 dual type N comes back from being warrantied, i want to get the NV out of there... or if TM's feeling cheap, they will put a MAS2 in the new one...

so im thinking either Fuji Speeder 757, Aldila Proto By You, or Graffaloy Epic... any advice or reviews would be great.,, currently im launching the ball too low with the 9.5 loft, and the low launch characteristics on the NV... i know ez hated his epic... but would i like it?

im leaning towards the Aldila Proto.. how much would i be spending on ebay? how much for the speeder and epic?

and im trying to pickup a TM RAC satin TP 54* to replace both my 52 and 56.... hopefully i get a nice price.... im cheap... and poor..:(

You may not get an r5 back, from the last two warranty repairs I have seen, they replace with an r7 425 since they aren't making the r5 anymore. Maybe you will get really lucky and get a Burner.

Aldila VS Proto is hottest shaft going
Fuji Speeder is lower launch
Epic I wouldn't touch until I heard more

For what it's worth, I hated the vs proto, hopefully it's new owner will enjoy it more.

I've never been a fan of the Aldila shafts, just didn't get the response and feel for the club head that I was looking for. I always liked the Speeder shafts, good launch conditions and control over ball flight.

Proto VS

I've never been a fan of the Aldila shafts, just didn't get the response and feel for the club head that I was looking for. I always liked the Speeder shafts, good launch conditions and control over ball flight.

I would like to second that. Not a big fan of Aldila shafts... Still prefer the Japanese shafts like :smilie_fu Speeder, Graphite Design and Diamana...

You want a slightly used V2?
icon10.gif

ha, ez i knew you would ask...

i was thinking about a v2, but have decided against it... i think its too stiff for me... but i havent actually hit one, so i dont know...

You may not get an r5 back, from the last two warranty repairs I have seen, they replace with an r7 425 since they aren't making the r5 anymore. Maybe you will get really lucky and get a Burner.

oh wow!! tmag you just made my day!!:)

tmag, so the r5 had a caved in dent on the top, and a wet noodle of a stiff nv, and the N logo fallen off... do you think that would be grounds for a replacement??

and also, i gave the r5 to a local shop 2 weeks ago... when should i expect it back?? and i only gave the shop my name, phone number, and the club and whats wrong with it... i didnt even give them my address...

hopefully the shop actually sent it in, and will call me to return it when they get it...

For what it's worth, I hated the vs proto, hopefully it's new owner will enjoy it more.

Love it! wasnt hitting well on the range but out on the course i was killing it. i think its a great shaft, it launches high, but its not a balloon, its creates a nice pentrating flight. i think its worth a try but its kinda pricy to buy new so you may want to demo it first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520