• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new shafts for irons?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Reaction score
I picked up a used set of 2000 Hogan Apex blades for $100. The heads, shafts, and grips are in good shape, and I even hit them straight!

The bad news is that the steel Hogan Apex 4 shafts feel very heavy to me, as I am used to playing Hogan Apex 4 graphite in my Edge CFTs. Is there a steel shaft that is lighter but otherwise equivalent to the steel Apex 4 shaft?

Oh, and cheap. :D

Light, cheap and quality. Pick two, Doc. You can't have them all.

DG SuperLights are a good buy and feel nice. I'm pretty sure that's what VT is using in his 60's.

Another choice to consider is the TX-90. It's light and pushed for higher handicappers.

Have a look at those.

I also will put in a vote for Nippon. They make great shafts and they'll be cheaper than the DG.

R35

It's light and pushed for higher handicappers.

I represent that remark!

Doesn't Precision have some ultralight Rifles? I know that they have been bought by True Temper.

I play the DG Superlites, they take some getting used to, since I am used to the Dynamic Gold. They're a solid shaft.

It was a few years back when Taylor Made put out the Burner Bubble or something like that. The shaft had a big bubble in it for a reason I don't know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520