• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nice...

Spank, I can certainly understand your sentiments about people not getting the humor, after posting a few Onion links on this board. Some humor is a bit subtle for some. I am reminded about a lot of the Christopher Guest movies; Best In Show, Waiting for Guffman, A Mighty Wind, etc. I've been to see some of these live in the theater and find that while I am doubled up laughing at some of the "mockumentary" comments and dialog, some people seem to be watching and just not getting it. Subtle humor is an acquired taste.

Yes, subtle humor is actually the funniest kind; Dorky, did you find it funny? :(

I will check out your other references... :)

Your Onion posts are very funny by the way. I get The Onion for free at a local burrito shop everytime it comes out, so I have generally read every article in The Onion, while waiting in line, or elsewhere, before you post... I love the questions from readers...

That was pretty funny and I did laugh out loud a couple of times.

It's a parody of a song, weird Al over the years has killed the thrill for me.

Al absolutely sucks, only to be riveled by the same ole and lena joke told for the 1 billionth time.

Yep. Bang on.

Parody is old hat.

Remember when Shaquille O'Neal came out and pretended to be a rapper with the Fu Schnickens? Now that was funny.

What's up, doc? Can we rock?

R35

Yep. Bang on.

Parody is old hat.

Remember when Shaquille O'Neal came out and pretended to be a rapper with the Fu Schnickens? Now that was funny.

What's up, doc? Can we rock?

R35

Seriously, on a scale of Retard to 10 (on the humor scale), you are publishing a full scale retard quotient, with regard to humor...

You are living in the past. How old are you? :hunter:

Bit of a video humor lover guy myself, but I also love when you stumble on something really special. Here is a vid some of you may have seen, but some may not have...I have a feeling it started as a parody, but just turned out to be a very nice cover version. Enjoy! And post any covers you may have.

YouTube - Hey Ya Cover

Seriously, on a scale of Retard to 10 (on the humor scale), you are publishing a full scale retard quotient, with regard to humor...

You are living in the past. How old are you? :hunter:

Dayam....
icon12.gif

Spank, I can certainly understand your sentiments about people not getting the humor, after posting a few Onion links on this board. Some humor is a bit subtle for some. I am reminded about a lot of the Christopher Guest movies; Best In Show, Waiting for Guffman, A Mighty Wind, etc. I've been to see some of these live in the theater and find that while I am doubled up laughing at some of the "mockumentary" comments and dialog, some people seem to be watching and just not getting it. Subtle humor is an acquired taste.

Yes, subtle humor is actually the funniest kind; Dorky, did you find it funny? :(

I will check out your other references... :)

Your Onion posts are very funny by the way. I get The Onion for free at a local burrito shop everytime it comes out, so I have generally read every article in The Onion, while waiting in line, or elsewhere, before you post... I love the questions from readers...
While I recognize the value of subtle humor, I think trying to comment on it takes away from it's meaning. Kinda like trying to explain a joke, when someone didn't get the punchline. It just takes away from the meaning and value and the time that could be better spent admiring the humor.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520