• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nickent 3DX DC

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
So I had some time on my lunch break today and was poking around Dick's. I came across a Nickent 3DX DC (think that's the model) hybrid and really like the look of it. The UST SR2 shaft didn't impress me much but I really liked the look and styling of the head. Does anybody here play one of these? How does it do out of the rough, off the tee etc.???

I am considering grabbing one as they are super cheap right now. ANybody know the tip size for these? Thanks all!

edit 1- nevermind on the tip size, it turns out that Nickent actually makes it plain as day on their website. I assumed they were like most others and kept the info hidden...LOL

reshafted a few.. the stock shaft just did not hold up well for many.. you like the looks- GET IT! one hurdle out of the way. next get it shafted.. low end> steel.. or ust v2, aldila great hybrid options..

yes- they hit nice.. :usflag:

• Staff
reshafted a few.. the stock shaft just did not hold up well for many.. you like the looks- GET IT! one hurdle out of the way. next get it shafted.. low end> steel.. or ust v2, aldila great hybrid options..

yes- they hit nice.. :usflag:

Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of an Aldila NV 105-that shaft seems to like me when it comes to hybrids....

Ken,

What Aldila shaft are you referring too?

So I had some time on my lunch break today and was poking around Dick's. I came across a Nickent 3DX DC (think that's the model) hybrid and really like the look of it. The UST SR2 shaft didn't impress me much but I really liked the look and styling of the head. Does anybody here play one of these? How does it do out of the rough, off the tee etc.???

I am considering grabbing one as they are super cheap right now. ANybody know the tip size for these? Thanks all!

I have been playing one with a Fuji Banzai shaft that I absolutely love.

• Staff
Ken,

What Aldila shaft are you referring too?

I think he mean aldila shafts in general. They make really great hybrid shafts, at least for me. Alot of pros actually have Aldila shafts in their hybrids as well...

Love my 15°, I'm kind of meh on my 17°. Unfortunately there's no place for the 15° in my bag, so I'm carrying the one I don't really like. The difference is surprising - the 15° has a sweet "tink" sound and feels effortless when the ball is struck well, and is still pretty smooth even when I screw up. The 17° goes "thwak" no matter where the ball hits the face, and it feels the same no matter what - kind of like hitting a wicker chair instead of a golf ball. It still works -- today I used it from 1" tall rough, the fairway, and a tee shot - all went exactly like I wanted them to, no surprises. Just doesn't feel great. I'm not sure if they feel worse the higher the loft gets, or if I just have a fluke dead head/shaft. I'm sticking a steel shaft in it in the next few days just for kicks.

I've played them for almost two years. Stock shaft sucks. I'm looking at Bafflers right now. I'll sell you my Nickents cheap!!

• Staff
I've played them for almost two years. Stock shaft sucks. I'm looking at Bafflers right now. I'll sell you my Nickents cheap!!

HOw do they play though? Good off the tee, rough? If you played them for 2 yrs they must be decent. I kinda figured the stock shaft was garbage, I plan on putting an Aldila NV in there anyway.

HOw do they play though? Good off the tee, rough? If you played them for 2 yrs they must be decent. I kinda figured the stock shaft was garbage, I plan on putting an Aldila NV in there anyway.

You're selling the best hybrid out of the rough, Jim. This is a destructive pattern, chief, you and the hybrid. Just get a five wood and be done with it.

You're selling the best hybrid out of the rough, Jim. This is a destructive pattern, chief, you and the hybrid. Just get a five wood and be done with it.

LOL, you may be on to something there. I don't know why I even try anymore-at this point I think the only hybrids I haven't tried are the cobras and nickents.

I don't get it.

Nickents are great, but no better than what you already have.

UST V2 hybrid shaft is excellent.

Nickents are great, but no better than what you already have.

UST V2 hybrid shaft is excellent.

I'm sure that its not much if any better than what I have. I just really like the look of the nickent at address-just really fits my eye.

As for the V2 shaft, I just can't get the feel of that shaft...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520