• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nickent 3DX square review.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the new Nickent driver today, just in time to play 18. Stats are 10.5º with a Stiff flex Proforce V2. Hit the driving range & went thru about 15 balls to get a feel for it before I actually used it on the course. Been swing my FT-3 kind of wildly lately & never sure where the ball is going to end up, not so with this club. 1st drive was right down the middle for 235 yds per the Golflogix GPS. On the front 9 I hit 6 out of the 7 fairways & on the back I didn't do as well only hitting 4 of 7 but still 10 for 14 isn't bad & those other 4 didn't miss by much, 5ft at the most.

Ok so it's straight, how's the distance? Well I am no monster hitter & tend to drive 220-240 yds with the occasional oddball punch out to 270. This club didn't disappoint on distance, had several drives in the upper 230's & low 240's with 243 being the best.

Only 2 negatives I can find right now are the sound, it sounds a lot like the square Nike Sumo. And if you have off center hits your distance will really suffer, the balls still go straight, just not very far straight. The FT-3 can still pound them out even on off center hits, this club let's you know immediately you have not swung well. I also don't care for the standard sized grip, prefer midsized but that's an easy swap.

Right now this club is definitely going to be in the bag, if you can't hit a straight drive with this club then there isn't a club out there which will help you. It has a nice clean look with no busy graphics, is easy to line up & feels pretty good when swinging it.

Its smaller than the sumo2 right. I can hit the nike straight all day but its just to damn big. I'm in the market for a square driver.

Duffer, you can get FT-i's on the bay for approx $270. As far as square drivers go, there's little if any competition.

Integra Quadratics head for $85.

Its smaller than the sumo2 right. I can hit the nike straight all day but its just to damn big. I'm in the market for a square driver.

To be perfectly honest I don't know if it's smaller. To me it looks smaller but then I have never even swung a Nike. This thing for $104 shipped seems to a pretty good deal. I kind of regret selling off my Burner driver since I had nothing to fall back on if I started swinging the FT-3 badly..which of course I did almost immediately upon selling the TM. This Nickent should fill the void nicely.

Duffer, you can get FT-i's on the bay for approx $270. As far as square drivers go, there's little if any competition.

Not everyone wants to or can afford to cough up that sort of $$ for a single club, granted they are nice drivers but still pretty pricey. These Nickents may be a viable alternative for a budget ho. Plus unlike a component they come with the V-2 shaft which Golf Galaxy sells for $70, add in the grip, labor, & shipping on top of $70 & the head is practically free.

From what I have seen lately the Fti-s are going for around 250 and sumos for 150. I haven't checked pricing on the nickent yet but if its a great alternative I'm all for it.

Global Golf (you know, our sponsor) has the 3DX square tour new/regular new/and used all for under $100. Just go buy one!

WG, we'll compare head sizes (Nickent vs. Sumo2) at the Wis Golf Outing in a week or so... I think MOST square head drivers are straight. Razor (remember him?) bought a Walmart special square driver and is hitting that straight. They can go on and on about how they weighted it here or there but IMHO just the square shape alone is what makes it work. And I won't spend that kind of money for a FTi when I can get a Nickent, Sumo2 or whatever for less then half that money. :)

WG, we'll compare head sizes (Nickent vs. Sumo2) at the Wis Golf Outing in a week or so... I think MOST square head drivers are straight. Razor (remember him?) bought a Walmart special square driver and is hitting that straight. They can go on and on about how they weighted it here or there but IMHO just the square shape alone is what makes it work. And I won't spend that kind of money for a FTi when I can get a Nickent, Sumo2 or whatever for less then half that money. :)

If you have the original Sumo2 (not the 5900) they're about the same size. The Nike's face is a little taller and a hair more bulged. The sound of the Nickent is a little higher pitched, sounds a bit more like an aluminum baseball bat. I hit the Nickent straighter than the Nike, I'm guessing because my miss is normally pushed out right and the Nickent has a rediculously closed face. Like 3° if I remember correctly. I also hit the Nickent a little farther than the Nike, but that's probably due to the situation - the Nike that I hit has a stiff shaft and I only swing fast enough for a regular, so all things being equal I might get the same distance out of them.

I too won't spend the $$$ when I can get a name brand club with what for myself is the same performance for a lot less $.

We need to have a drive off sometime, get everyone on the range & just keep swapping drivers back & forth & see what works the best for each person.

That would be fun and funny this is it would look like a damn golf expo with all the golf equipment we have there.

Recieved my Nickent 3DX Tour 9* Driver today, also with the ProForce V2 stiff. I decided to go get nine in before dark. Took me about 4 holes to find the feel of the club. Even in those first 4 holes, 3 out of 4 were in the fairway with mishits. I gained somewhere in between 5 to 15 yards with this club compared to the I-drive. But the Aldila VX shaft in the I-drive is too whippy for me, and its a 10.5*. I'm guessing my Adams RPM Redline Dual 10.5 and this Nickent 9* will be my two main drivers. The Nickent sounds horrible, but I don't really care about the sound too much. Actually, it reminds me of an aluminum basball bat--maybe like the Eastons I used to hit in high school in the 80's.

Recieved my Nickent 3DX Tour 9* Driver today, also with the ProForce V2 stiff. I decided to go get nine in before dark. Took me about 4 holes to find the feel of the club. Even in those first 4 holes, 3 out of 4 were in the fairway with mishits. I gained somewhere in between 5 to 15 yards with this club compared to the I-drive. But the Aldila VX shaft in the I-drive is too whippy for me, and its a 10.5*. I'm guessing my Adams RPM Redline Dual 10.5 and this Nickent 9* will be my two main drivers. The Nickent sounds horrible, but I don't really care about the sound too much. Actually, it reminds me of an aluminum basball bat--maybe like the Eastons I used to hit in high school in the 80's.
How does the RPM compare to the 3DX? I have a 9.5 and I've been looking at the 3DX.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520