• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No excuse...

Kilted Arab

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/4104132.stm

Paul Casey has withdrawn from the US Open after the first round.

If this is because he had a shocker, I think it's appalling behaviour and he should receive some sort of penalty - perhaps a banning from the next US Open.

In my mind professional players should be just that - professional. To merely give up because you're not in contention is shameful.

He's really making quite a name for himself over here. :D

DaveE said:
He's really making quite a name for himself over here. :D

Indeed. He's becoming quite objectionable...unable to communicate with other nationalities...behaving boorishly.....hang on, doesn't that make him fit in with Americans..?
:biglol:

I'm braced for the flak...!

Kilted Arab said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/4104132.stm

Paul Casey has withdrawn from the US Open after the first round.

If this is because he had a shocker, I think it's appalling behaviour and he should receive some sort of penalty - perhaps a banning from the next US Open.

In my mind professional players should be just that - professional. To merely give up because you're not in contention is shameful.

Injured pride.
I'll bet it is an injury sustained from the rough. Amazing how that kicks in on the back of an 85!
I read a quote from him "not knowing where the ball was going". Join the club mate!!

From a practical standpoint, all he had to do was play one more round of golf, because he was going to miss the cut.

Withdrawing is counter to good ettiquette. I think they will fine him as the USPGATour has a history of fining players who withdraw for no apparent reason.

Howell's story is perfectly believable as 74 was not too bad a score and he could have easily made the cut. I can see how hacking it about in the rough stuff could have caused this.

That may be slow to heal as well...

wasn't it at bay hill where someone withdrew on the 18th by just not bothering to find a ball that had hooked left and just walked off?

if memory serves...

Bravo said:
From a practical standpoint, all he had to do was play one more round of golf, because he was going to miss the cut.

I think what gets me about this is that there are so many golfers who could go out and shoot 110 both days and still savor every moment of being in the US Open.

I guess it's different for the pros but day two after an 85 could have been one of the most relaxing and enjoyable days of golf he might have all year. :beach3:

Bravo said:

Withdrawing is counter to good ettiquette. I think they will fine him as the USPGATour has a history of fining players who withdraw for no apparent reason.

Instead of fining - what, $10k? - i think sanctions such as not allowing entry to the next US Open and 'x' number of US tour events would hurt more and be more of a deterrent.

As DaveE says, give the spot to someone to whom it would mean everything, regardless of how they shot.

Pampered prima-donnas, earning $millions without performing or giving full commitment. Bastards. Spoilt bastards.

Kilted Arab said:
Pampered prima-donnas, earning $millions without performing or giving full commitment. Bastards. Spoilt bastards.

Jeeze KA, please bit a bit more passionate with your posts, whydontcha.

IrishGolfer said:
Jeeze KA, please bit a bit more passionate with your posts, whydontcha.

Ha!

It's one of the things that gets me - not just golfers, but other particular sportsmen as well - footballers being another example.

All the money and all the talent but sadly lacking in commitment, loyalty, and respect for what they do and those who pay to watch them. If Casey has pulled out for no reason other than he played a bad round, sod him. Ban him from the US tour for a year. To coin an Americanism, see how he likes them apples.

I think i'll go and lie down for a bit...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520