• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Now I've done it (putter)

Im religious about my routine. Its important to me because it puts me in my comfort zone. Im a fast player so my preshot routine is short...but its a must. If someone tells a joke and gets me laughing, Ill back off and reset...it just takes a second.

Unless its a tap-in, I always mark so I can hide the logo...Im weird like that.

Im religious about my routine. Its important to me because it puts me in my comfort zone. Im a fast player so my preshot routine is short...but its a must. If someone tells a joke and gets me laughing, Ill back off and reset...it just takes a second.

Unless its a tap-in, I always mark so I can hide the logo...Im weird like that.
I think I need to get a little more like that. I need to put more value on putting. To this point I have really just been trying to establish a level of comfort with the putter.... posture, grip, etc. I pretty much have that now and the stroke itself is pretty good. I need to work on reading greens, establishing a routine, cleaning the ball, and possibly alignment at times.

I will preface this by saying that technology had come a long way and will continue to advance this game and equipment at a fast pace

BUT
as far as putting goes once you find one you are comfortable with (look, feel, know how to hit it feel the speed of the face) then I wouldn't change until something all but blows your mind....
I have had 2 putters ever and don't see a change anytime soon

Currently use a Scotty Cameron Futura with Winn triple line grip
Cut down to 33 inches

About the alignment line. I played with a guy last month who used an alignment line on his ball. He would look at his line, set his ball down, back up and look to see that the line was correct, adjust the ball, back up and look again. I was like "PHUCKING PUTT ALREADY!!!!!!!. This guy would have Lanny Wadkins serving 20 to life by now.

About the alignment line. I played with a guy last month who used an alignment line on his ball. He would look at his line, set his ball down, back up and look to see that the line was correct, adjust the ball, back up and look again. I was like "PHUCKING PUTT ALREADY!!!!!!!. This guy would have Lanny Wadkins serving 20 to life by now.
That's why I can't use an alignment line. I can never get the damned thing to line up properly. I've never used one on the course but just practicing with it is a pain. Sit it down, line it up, let go of the ball, then it rolls over a touch, re-align, let it go, same result...finially get it where I want it, stand over the ball...it's not lined up...phuqit.

That was one of my biggest problems! I took so much time trying to line up the friggin alignment mark I felt like I didn't have time to read the put. I actually started putting worse, so out the door it went!

WBL, have you putted around on the carpet with the new stick at all? At home I putt all the time. I set up one of my kids little Batman castles that has a slide about the width of a cup and putt at that from all different angles and distances.

WBL, have you putted around on the carpet with the new stick at all? At home I putt all the time. I set up one of my kids little Batman castles that has a slide about the width of a cup and putt at that from all different angles and distances.

This was my BD present (April) so wifey says I can't "play" with it until then... (of course when she leaves the house for an errand..... ). I usually lay a plastic drinking glass on the floor and try to putt into it.

And for anyone interested here are some pics of the putter. There is absolutely no name on the putter head LOL....

putter1.jpg
putter2.jpg
putter3.jpg
putter4.jpg

That grip makes me want one of those orange creamsicles. Lol. So... do you make putts at home when you're sneaking putts?

Waiting for on course reports.

30" putter with "Fatso" grip... The grip is bigger around than the putter is long!

Wasn't your broomstick something like 60" long? Are you sure you didn't just get mad at it and break it over you knee, putting a "Fatso" on what was left?

I've been wanting to try a Fatso. Went cheap, last time. May have to pick one up this weekend and see what I can do. I do remember one of the best stretches of putting I ever had was with a Bobby Grace "Fat Lady Sings" mallet putter. That was circa 1992 or so. If I had a "Fat Lady" putter with a "Fatso" grip..........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520