• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official Shottalk Cookbook

I think next week I'll be doing up some Ribeye.

I might try one on the rare side of blue. Cold pink center. Thinking a minute per side on a super hot grill. These were 2.5 minutes side one, and 2 minutes side two. They were medium rare, and very juicy.

Nothing beats a steak hot of the George Foreman grill! Amiright?

I think next week I'll be doing up some Ribeye.

I might try one on the rare side of blue. Cold pink center. Thinking a minute per side on a super hot grill. These were 2.5 minutes side one, and 2 minutes side two. They were medium rare, and very juicy.
Ribeye, now we're talking! Black and blue? Ever tried doing it in a sauté pan? Get the oil good and hot....throw in the steak.

I only do that in my cast iron and with all the windows in the house open. That smokes...a LOT.

Damn good though, I love the great crust you get from a smoking hot cast iron pan.

I typically heat up the pan in the oven to about 450, get the steak all ready, pull out the pan(turn off the oven), throw it over a high flame and toss in the steaks. I oil the steaks and put on the coarse kosher salt and pepper on. I usually go 30 seconds on side one, 30 seconds on side 2, and throw it in the oven for about 2 minutes for medium rare. Always let rest for 5 minutes.

Dude..It freaks me out that the pet food in cans costs twice as much as chicken and tenderloin. I complain to my wife but she says she likes the convenience of canned pet food. I tend to buy on sale, and todays cook came from the bottom of the freezer. Last years stuff. I write a date on the ziploc unless they have a sell by date.

I am not feeding the dog my Hennessy. I cant cross that line.

I dont have cuban though. Oh well. Just dogwood smoke and Cognac.
Our lab has never had anything but dry food, and the vet always comments on her coat, good health, even weight (she literally stays within a pound all year and weighs 60), and overall great appearance and attitude. My sis in law is a vet and specifically told us not to get her started on canned food (I was against it anyway: my last lab only ate dry). Get your dog switched to dry, it'll save you $ and mess.

I only have 8 or 9 left in the humi, but they are cuban.

On the grill tonight I grilled burgers wrapped in bacon, grilled some thick cut bacon, and hot dogs. Added cheese to the burgers, and used shredded cheddar on my daughter's at her request (we don't have sliced). Worked well and she loved it! The bacon I cooked on the grill really didn't do as well as I expected, I'm guessing I cooked it too long. I'll try it again.

If you've never wrapped a burger in bacon and grilled, you really should. Comes out great!

Shottalk quiz. Its a hard one so prepare your mind. Which one is a pork tenderloin?

Attachments

• 1401663619916.jpg
    1401663619916.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 87
Looks good, Tricky.

I learned a cool way to cook pork tenderloin recently. Rub it down with whatever seasonings. Put it in a baking dish, add a little water, splash of soy sauce. Throw it in the oven (500*F) for 5 mins per pound. Mine weighed 3 lb so I baked it for 15 minutes. Then turn off the oven and let it sit for 1 hour without opening the door.

This is crazy, but ruths chris steakhouse does something similiar. Fiber furnaces are small highly insulated kilns that run on 110v. You can cook an AMAZING steak in them within minutes. And the kilns arent expensive. The kilns are capable of 1500 degrees.

I think a lot of pork and chicken is good at 140 for ten minutes, 150 for less and 160 for less yet, but once the moisture is gone it is ruined.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424