• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Paint Fill

atlgolfer

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a double post but I couldn't use the search function. My question is, how or what type of paint do you use to fill the letters & markers on golf clubs.
Just saw someone's mp30's and they had a red paint filled letters and I was wondering how or what type of paint you need.

thanks.

You can use model paint. Head to Walmart, go to the toy section and find the models. The paint is there too. It's alot cheaper than buying it at Home depot and it's the same crap.

R35

No problem. That's what I'm here for.

And to be the source of the brunt of many jokes by all the other jerks on this site. :D

Good luck with the painting. I recommend using a toothpick, it works great.

R35

PS....by "other jerks", I wasn't incinuating that you are a jerk, I was including myself in the mix. ;)

Rockford35 said:
No problem. That's what I'm here for.

And to be the source of the brunt of many jokes by all the other jerks on this site. :D

Good luck with the painting. I recommend using a toothpick, it works great.

R35

PS....by "other jerks", I wasn't incinuating that you are a jerk, I was including myself in the mix. ;)
Thanks again but one more question, how or what do you do to get the excess paint off, just a wet cloth ?

I use a cloth with a bit of nail polish remover. It wipes the paint right off, no sweat. But, if you use the tooth pick and less paint than you think, you should be sitting pretty.

Be patient. Going fast will ruin your time with this.

Isn't tinkering fun?:)

R35

I thouht I was the only one obsessive enough to fill in the paint on his clubs. I feel better now. :)

You would think that they would find a way to make clubs that don't lose their paint so easily.

I always put a nice bright lime green in my irons for some reason. Don't really know why but it looks cool. Matchs my driver shaft as well

I took all the paint fill out of my irons. I like the "naked" look.

Irons.jpg

R35

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast said:
Somone should come up with transparent clubs. How cool would that be?

I'm not sure if you can "forge" polymers.

WBL? Is that possible?

R35

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427