• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

POLL- Unique Cell phone Plan we're considering

indacup

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets say you were offered a wireless cell phone program tha allowed you UNLIMITED usage...incomming and outgoing.

Nationwide coverage (on the Sprint PCS network). with USB port to download ringtones, wallpaper, games for free...

The only requirements on your end was you had to:

1) Buy the new (not refurb) flip ohone handset for $30 (data capable)
2) put up with about 4 pop-up text ads a day.

Would you do this?

I guess that would mainly depend on the coverage in your area on the provider. In our area I think I get little coverage with Sprint. Actually AT&T and Verizon are the only two with semi decent coverage. Also how do the adds work? When they pop up do you just hit a button to make them go away, or do you have to page through a two minute add prior to being able to make a call?

Personally I do prepaid and get away with only $100 a year for all the calls I make. So I doubt I would even use the phone everyday. I have an unlocked phone that already allows for connecting to my PC at no charge. Another big key is whether it has Bluetooth on the phone.

Personally I don't see the harm as long as they don't bill you if you don't watch their adds everyday. You figure you are only out $30 if you never use the thing, but I tend to believe I would get my moneys worth either way.

I think the big key is the service, in our area I would say no simply because I would get no signal 99% of the time on Sprint.

Ask them to guarantee (in writing) no more than 4 pop ups a day at no charge. If they do, take it.

The ads are a small banner ad like this:

1148380.jpg

Once the image pops up, you hit the clear key and move on.

Again, no monthly fee, no roaming charges...handsets are new and guaranteed

I ended up with Verizon because of the poor coverage of all the others I tried. Don't know about Sprint PC network though. :)

coverage is the key factor in my decision to change cell phone providers. I can't stand driving down the road and lose a call, or not be able to get service on a job site or my house. If the coverage is good and the ads are quick to get rid of I would definitly consider it.

Can I get in on that with ya indacup:).

Id go for it. I drop txts with the click of the button, doin so with an ad wuold be no diff.

If you live in large metropolitan area, and don't do a lot of traveling, then go for it. But Sprints coverage is notoriously bad once you get away from the bigger cities and off the beaten path.

Absolutely! If the coverage sucks sometimes, get a verizon phone TOO. You'll have two working phones, and one for free. Use the free one where you can and the $$ one otherwise.

I around Wisconsin I believe that Alltel has the best coverage, for a reasonable price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520