• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

progress...

niblick

Reaction score
I played at Bellevue GC yesterday with some guys from work and a client. It's a short course (6000 yard par 71 68/110) but to date is the only full length course I've broken 90 on. I didn't hit it particularly well, but used the same ball all day, had no penalty strokes and shot 88. That was 4 strokes under my course handicap, so I felt fantastic. I managed 4 consecutive pars on the front (two of which were up-and-downs), and birdied a par 3 on the back 9. My short game and putting really kept me in the game all day.

My focus has been concentrating on each shot as it's in front of me, and not allowing a missed shot to upset me. That and hitting putts without pausing after I take a last look at the hole have really seemed to help me. Maybe I can get my index in the teens by the end of the year after all... :)

congrats especially on the consequetive pars.

congrats. its always nice to string some pars really helps the confidence.

My focus has been concentrating on each shot as it's in front of me, and not allowing a missed shot to upset me.

That and hitting putts without pausing after I take a last look at the hole have really seemed to help me. Maybe I can get my index in the teens by the end of the year after all... :)

That's huge. Sounds like you're doing the right things.

I managed 4 consecutive pars on the front (two of which were up-and-downs)

These are the key; putting together a string of pars and up-n-downs. Gaining confidence that you can get up-n-down can really go a long way. Not only can it save pars but, more importantly if you're a mid to high capper, it can save a bogey.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520