• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putter Hosel Preference

Putter Preference

• Total voters

hypergolf

Reaction score
Just wanted to discuss about all the different putter hosel preference. Why do you prefer them and why? What are the major difference between all the different styles? Also the weighting (Heel-Toe, Face balance, Toe balance etc)

(Odyssey Putters and Putting tips information from Odyssey Golf for pictorial reference)

Multiple selection choices.
One for balance preference
One for hosel preference

Balance Preference
1.Heel-Toe Balance
2.Face Balance
3.Toe Balance

Hosel Preference
1.Crank Neck Hosel
2.Full Shaft Offset
3.Half Shaft Offset
4.Slant Neck Hosel
5.Center Shaft No Offset
6.Long Hosel

First Preference
Toe balanced, shaft over, heel shafted

Second Preference
Toe Balanced, full shaft offset, plumber neck hosel

Face balanced, half shaft offset, I think that's what mine is?

toe balanced, full shaft offset

It took me a while to figure this one out though.

I konw mines full shaft offset, not sure about the balance. Whatever this putter is is wat i like:)

What is face balanced anyways.

Face balanced would be if you put the putter on a table and let the head hang off, the face will be pointing straight up.

I have always loved the look of the full offset plumbers neck, but I voted for the center shaft no offset as that is what I am currently using and putting even better with. I can't explain it, but I just putt better with the center shaft for some reason.

Center Shaft

I have always loved the look of the full offset plumbers neck, but I voted for the center shaft no offset as that is what I am currently using and putting even better with. I can't explain it, but I just putt better with the center shaft for some reason.

Do you have a straight back straight through putting style? Center shaft face balance putters work perfectly for this style of putt mentioned.

Do you have a straight back straight through putting style? Center shaft face balance putters work perfectly for this style of putt mentioned.

Not really straight back and straight through. I have tried to do that and can not make it work. I do have a slight arc to my putting stroke as measured by Dave Bock from Heavy Putter. He hooked me up to this machine that analyzed your putting stroke. I have a small arc and slightly open to square to closed face angle through the stroke. I was border line half offset to no offset on the recommendation for a neck style as my blade was just under 1 degree open at impact. I just sank more putts with a center shafted/no offset putter.

He also found that I de-lofted my putter by 3 degrees with my forward press and carried that through impact. Great little machine he had there. It was even more impressive watching the screen when he was fitting someone else. That thing measured every aspect of you putting stroke in real time. I was hoping to go try it again last Friday, but they altered their schedule and they were not going to be in Orlando as originally scheduled. If you get a chance, go to the Heavy Putter website and check out if they are fitting at a store close to you. Its free and well worth the time it takes to get it done.

You mentioning stroke hypergolf, my stroke is (a true) straight back and through stroke. So many ppl mention to me that "you have a great putting stroke, i cant keep the putter straight like that..." blah blah.

Its not that hard? Just dont move your wrists???

Meh, when MJ asked Tiger how to keep the ball under the wind w.o losing distance, Tiger responded by saying "just hit it like I do":D

i voted center shaft, i use a putter my dad just bought me randomly as a birthday present. It was my first putter(and my only), i've just learned to putt with the thing. I tried it against other putters and nothing can beat it.

I have a straight back straight through stroke, whether its my natural stroke or i developed it to suit my putter i dont know but i know i dont use any wrists.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520