• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putting got worse with my new Scotty Newport Putter

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Reaction score
Ok so I just completed 2 rounds with my new Scotty Cameron and I must have 3 putted every single hole well it seemed like it. It was brutal and putting was one of my strongest parts of my game. My speed and aim were just totally off. My old putter was a Taylor Made Mezza Monza which I love and fortunately still have.

Well well well who would have guessed that they are just hype. :smilie_tm

Well well well who would have guessed that they are just hype. :smilie_tm

Your exactly right, I had the itch to try one so bad and it backfired. luckily for me I can return it for full value.

You went from a face balanced mallet to an Anser style with toe hang, completely different animals. I would think that there would be a pronounced adjustment period.

Nonsense.

Did you get the putter fitted to you? If not, then how can you say it's the club's fault?

I'd keep and use the TM because it helped you and forget the hype.

i im trying to sell my TM putter because the SC putter kicked it out the bag. the scotty putter lines up so much better.

A proper putter fitting can be just a beneficial as a proper putter fitting.

I learned this the hard way too.:(

Putters are so personal I just couldn't buy a SC based on reputation unless it worked for me. And when I tried them they didn't. :)

Nonsense.

Did you get the putter fitted to you? If not, then how can you say it's the club's fault?

Because he's smart enough to come forward and say that SC putters are not the be-all, end-all.

In fact, they're just your average putter! Whoda thunk it!?!

Biggest waste of money in golf.

R35

Because he's smart enough to come forward and say that SC putters are not the be-all, end-all.

In fact, they're just your average putter! Whoda thunk it!?!

Biggest waste of money in golf.

R35

No, I still think that distinction goes to Michele Wie's sponsors. :laugh:

I have not seen her Sony or Omega adds recently, have you?

As for SC's, I still think they are some of the finer putters made if they suit your stroke. I have not found a better feeling putter than either a Studio Style or Red X/X2 series both with the GSS insert.

As for SC's, I still think they are some of the finer putters made if they suit your stroke. I have not found a better feeling putter than either a Studio Style or Red X/X2 series both with the GSS insert.

Scottys are very nice putters, just turns out it wasnt for me, oh well no harm done. I can say I tried it.

Kind of funny that this subject could go on and on and there will always be someone who will create a SC thread.

Scotty Camerons have the best feel and the best look. I just don't have the money to get one at the monent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520