• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

R7 425 TP Problems...

MoGolfer

Reaction score
I bought a R7 425 TP X-flex. Well I got it in the mail today and it is a used club but in good shape. Well I went to change the heel face weight and I felt it give when I tried to remove the weight. The threads either stripped or broke the screw, im not sure what happened but now it sounds like there is something tingen around in the club and I can not get the weight to move at all, the center bolts just turns both ways. SO I would say the guy that had it before me over tightened it. Im going to call TM tomorow and see what can be done. ANyone else had or heard of any trouble like this?

Thanks
Dave

Just one of the weights. Well only the screw turns, not the whole weight. If you will take one of those weights Wi and look at it the screw is not actually attached to the weight. Its probably pressed in or something im not real sure. I have a weight in my had right now and you can turn the screw without the turning the weight. Like screwing it in or out. What confuses me is why since the screw is just turning in the weight, what is holding the weight in the hole, because it is in there solid no movement at all out of the weight.:confused::confused::confused:

I actually had this same problem with a counterfiet superquad I bought. The thread may still be on here I took pictures of it. The way I got the weight out is to soak the head in really hot water, which should loosen any dirt or anything up in the screw port. Put the screw back in the weight itself before you soak it.

After about 10-15 minutes try taking the weight out again. This worked pretty easily for me. You may want to call Taylormade and ask them to check the serial number on the driver. I did about the superquad and they said nothing they have ever made has that serial number. The driver I got looked exactly real. Hopefully yours is just a bad weight.

You just need a bigger hammer...

Dang, i hope its not a faker...that would suck.

Taylormade should stand behind it if its a true club though...

Well I tried the hot water thing today. Didnt work but thanks for the idea. I called TM and there are no #'s on the hozzle so im going to take the club into a shop and they are going to send it in to TM to see if it is a forgery or not if it is I will be covered through PayPal. If it is infact a TM club they will replace the head at no cost. So it will be a process. LOL I will keep you all informed. I did contact ebay and I am covered if it is infact a forgery. Thanks for the help.

OK the bigger weights if you buy one of them kits...The threaded part spins free of the actual weight but it is supposed to....I have heard of the heavier weights lodging alot before....What you want to do is with very careful hands and a screwdriver or butterknife, pry it out....I've seen it done before..

Well I tried the hot water thing today. Didnt work but thanks for the idea. I called TM and there are no #'s on the hozzle so im going to take the club into a shop and they are going to send it in to TM to see if it is a forgery or not if it is I will be covered through PayPal. If it is infact a TM club they will replace the head at no cost. So it will be a process. LOL I will keep you all informed. I did contact ebay and I am covered if it is infact a forgery. Thanks for the help.

Good luck with it. If there is no number on it all then it's a fake. Tour issue starts with a "T" in the serial and every other one has a serial. Start your Paypal claim now. I'd email the seller as well. See if he'll give you a full refund and avoid the drama. In any case, leave a negative feedback if you didn't already leave one. A negative usually gets thier attention.

I'd wait to see if he gives you the refund before the negative feedback, don't want to piss him off incase he might give it to you.

Im taking it to a Tm dealer tomorow and they are going to ship it toTM. They are going to check it out and see if its real or fake. If its fake Im covered through paypal, ive already talked to them. If its real TM is going to send me a new head. Cant beat that. I did email the guy i bought it from last night and still have not heard from him yet. You never know he might not have known if it was a real or forged Head. Either way im not to worried about it. I will either get a new head or my money back. The guy I talked to at TM this morning said he has seen quite a few fake SuperQuads but hasnt heard of any fake Quads. Who knows. I did have him check the #'s on my SuperQuad and it it was what it said it was. SO I know its a good Serial #.

Well I got the weight out. A chizel and hammer does wonders. LOL. The threaded part that the weight screws into cracked all the way around it. There is like a 1/16th lip all the way around the part of the head that you screw the weight into, if that makes since. Kinda hard to explain. You can tell it has been partialy cracked for a while, I just finished it off when I tried to remove the weight. So the weight is actually still good, But the head is trashed.

Even if you send it back to TM you won't get a replacement. I had the same club and they had no more at the warehouse back in March so they told the pro at my club to just give me a Tour Burner.

My club face caved in near the heel on the top scoring line.

Thats fine Ive been wanting to try a burner anyway. But I would like to actually go get fitted for a shaft for whatever I do end up doing.

Yeah I actually got a great deal getting the TB. I paid $105 for the 425 then get a brand new TB.

Get fitted then get that shaft off of ebay and throw it in the TB.

Well got the bad news yesterday. The 425 TP is a forged head. So I contacted the guy I bought it from today through email. So we will see how this one turns out. Ive talked to the guy a couple of times through emails and seems like a nice enough person, but we will find out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520