• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Racine Dick's is a joke

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just stopped by to buy another dozen TaylorMade TP red balls on sale and was looking at their club selection. Literally hundreds of the most useless crap (with the dumbest shafts) you could imagine and no launch monitor to fit people and no salespeople that know anything. TM has so many drivers I can't imagine anyone understanding the "supposed" advantages of each model. It looked like the customers there all headed to the Burners though. TM might as well dump the rest. But Dick's does have a good selection of balls and good prices on them.... :laugh:

Dick's is a joke in general. I'm not allowed to use their sim because I'm not 18. :( I asked the moron that wouldn't let me in if he thought I was going to break the club. Don't remember his response.

But Dick's does have a good selection of balls and good prices on them.... :laugh:
You mean they sell other Golf stuff other than balls??? I never noticed. :laugh:

I do buy my golf balls from them about 99% of the time.

edit 1 - I guess I do also buy clearance shoes from them as well, they are one of the few places you will find good clearance shoes like the Dry Joys in 13". The other day I went to Golfsmith and was so shocked to see a pair of 13 Dry Joy Pro's in black, that I had to buy them.

With a self chosen name like "dick's", what were you expecting?

I didn't realize there were so many guys into Racing Dicks....:laugh:

R35

No doubt Rockford, given a choice, I'd rather go to Hooters!!!!:laugh:

Also tried a "belly putter" while I was there. Horrible. I can understand the chest putter's advantage but the belly putter is not for me. :)

I got a $100 gift certificate to Dick's for christmas. I went in today and was going to buy a new putter. I walked in, knew what I wanted but all the display ones were beat up, dented face insert, scratches, generally dinged up. Which brings up another thing, why have 10 two-ball putters, 10 three-ball putters, 10 TM Rossa putters of each model, 10 heavy Putters, etc all getting destroyed out there?

So I asked the guy if they had any new, in the wrapper putters (I'm not spending money on a new scratched putter, no matter how small) of the same model and was told they only had what was out. I asked if he could order me a new one and he said, "No. I just told you what's out is all we have."

Brand new release putter, too. Could have EASILY ordered it.

Now I got this GC sitting here. Maybe I'll just use it online so no douchebag gets a commission.

Now I got this GC sitting here. Maybe I'll just use it online so no douchebag gets a commission.

Sean

There you go!! Good plan. And I know what you mean by all their putters are sitting out by the putting green so all get dinged up. Duh... :laugh:

I didn't realize there were so many guys into Racing Dicks....

R35

Racine R35, not racing. Pronounced Rah-scene. Canucks. Geesh. :D

I went to Dicks in cleveland with my friend, the guy was a moron, i asked him about some putters that i had never seen before (obv cuz they were shit models), and he was explaining the most retarded thing ever, he was telling me how there was more MOI in the putter I was using which helped people strike the centre of the face better....

I WAS USING A WILSON 8802 KNOCKOFF.....

He asked me if I was a good player after he saw me stroke a few, I told him that I was a scratch player in college, he said my stroke needed a lot of work (right after I drained 10 straight putts putting around with my friend)...

Im not even guna mention what he said about the HiBore after my friend picked it up. I dont know where Dicks gets their "golf pros", but they sure dont know anything.

Guy in Erie dicks was the same thing.

our Dick`s has a launch monitor now.i think they just got it in.in the fall.stopped there today and picked up 2 dozen($40)Maxfli tour fires to try this season.

havent tried out the LM yet figured i would wait till closer to season.

I went to Dicks in cleveland with my friend, the guy was a moron, i asked him about some putters that i had never seen before (obv cuz they were shit models), and he was explaining the most retarded thing ever, he was telling me how there was more MOI in the putter I was using which helped people strike the centre of the face better....

I WAS USING A WILSON 8802 KNOCKOFF.....

He asked me if I was a good player after he saw me stroke a few, I told him that I was a scratch player in college, he said my stroke needed a lot of work (right after I drained 10 straight putts putting around with my friend)...

Im not even guna mention what he said about the HiBore after my friend picked it up. I dont know where Dicks gets their "golf pros", but they sure dont know anything.

Guy in Erie dicks was the same thing.

Piper,

Big Box Store salespeople are all trained to the highest abilities available to the golf retail industry. Don't you know?

I'm sure hoping you got him to throw in the whitewalls and the cruise control with the set of Big Bersars you ordered from him.

(This stems from another thread, I'm sure everyone knows which one....:rolleyes:

R35

I definately missed that thread.

And yea, he was definately trained to the highest abilities available, not necessarily to the golf industry though...

you guys make this DSG golf associate feel warm and fuzzy inside...must admit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520

3. 15,299