• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

reality slaps a young man in the face... pretty hard

ok now I really don't care how I come off. Eracer, eclark I don't know if either of you are parents but I know you've both been sons. I don't know how your parents raised you or in turn how you raise your kids nor do I care. I can sit here on this computer desk looking at this monitor and sitting in this chair knowing that I purchased all of this my damn self. I can look back at my last 18 years and know that 90% of the things that are "mine" have come off me working to get them whether it was cutting the grass or working at edwin watts. If they think it's right not to provide for a god damn education which they didn't because my lovely grandparents took care of that, wonderful. As someone else said I'm transferring after a year or two and that's about the end of me and my family. I really don't care what you think about this and it'd be wise to keep your opinions and criticizims to yourself at this point. I mean that will all due to respect to everyone here and as I kinda see shot talk as a fraternity.

ok now I really don't care how I come off. Eracer, eclark I don't know if either of you are parents but I know you've both been sons. I don't know how your parents raised you or in turn how you raise your kids nor do I care. I can sit here on this computer desk looking at this monitor and sitting in this chair knowing that I purchased all of this my damn self. I can look back at my last 18 years and know that 90% of the things that are "mine" have come off me working to get them whether it was cutting the grass or working at edwin watts. If they think it's right not to provide for a god damn education which they didn't because my lovely grandparents took care of that, wonderful. As someone else said I'm transferring after a year or two and that's about the end of me and my family. I really don't care what you think about this and it'd be wise to keep your opinions and criticizims to yourself at this point. I mean that will all due to respect to everyone here and as I kinda see shot talk as a fraternity.
You asked for opinions. I gave you mine. You don't like it. You tell me to keep my opinions to myself. You got it, Buckwheat!

no no that is not what I meant eracer. Honestly I took all opinions with an open mind because I would've gotten mad before hand. I appreciate your input as much as the rest. I'm just saying past this point I really don't want to be bashed upon my previous post that's all

What is said in threads on this forum *USUALLY* stay within the thread, there are quite a few people in here that feel very strongly against my feelings about guns and i have had words with several members within specific threads about guns, outside of those threads i do not hold grudges against those people who feel differently than i do(i dont hold grudges against them at all really, but i do state my feelings strongly to those members within said threads)

I do not think less of you as a user on this forum and will not "bash" you for anything said here. You asked for peoples opinions on a public forum, we gave them.

Go to any college you and your parents can afford for now, work your ass off to get good grades and transfer to almost anywhere you want. Apply for scholarships, finacial aid, and everything else that will allow you to possibly afford tutition at another college.

If they can't afford a college outside of the state, then they can't afford it.

Finacial Aid gave you zero?

... As someone else said I'm transferring after a year or two and that's about the end of me and my family...

IMO, the only right thing to do is cut your ties right now, and sink or swim on your own.

yeah Fafsa gave me a grand total of $0.00. Hell I even got a partial ride to UK but still not enough

no no that is not what I meant eracer. Honestly I took all opinions with an open mind because I would've gotten mad before hand. I appreciate your input as much as the rest. I'm just saying past this point I really don't want to be bashed upon my previous post that's all
No worries. It's just that your statement "you would be wise..." seemed a bit threatening. Look, I know you're at a major crossroads, and you feel strongly about the situation. I'm not criticizing, only hoping that my experiences might help you understand the big picture a bit better.

Best of luck to you.

Finish school in Florida and then go whereever you want in search of a job. Like limpalong said, it's really a VERY short span of time in your life. :)

Education is not about filling your head with information. That's the surface layer. Rather, it is about learning how to think for yourself, how to collaborate, how to research. These are the skills that employers look for, and why we value a college degree. It's proof that you can accomplish something. What you actually learn is relatively unimportant (unless you're talking about a post-graduate, or professional degree) Nobody really cares that you know what the difference between matter and energy is (in fact, Einstein proved that is no difference). What businesses want are people who have learned how to learn. Something that high school barely teaches, and a good college education provides.

THIS is an EXCELLENT post.

Anyhow, to the op - I don't really have an opinion about where you should go to school. I went far away for mine, but it cost me a lot of money... BUT luckily for me, I come from a single mom and I was poor and was able to borrow 100k to do it. Now it took some time to pay that back, but the education I was received (2 degrees, and an additional diploma) to me was worth every nickel and has easily paid for itself.

Sounds like funding is an issue for you and you won't be able to borrow that much, so for your undergrad degree at least, I'd recommend going to a state school and at least getting started there. You should be thankful your parents are going to pony up the dough to pay also.

If they think it's right not to provide for a god damn education which they didn't because my lovely grandparents took care of that, wonderful. As someone else said I'm transferring after a year or two and that's about the end of me and my family.

Perhaps your parents simply can't afford it? The times are tough right now & getting tougher, you may think your parents have the $$ or can get a loan to pay for your education but the facts may be vastly different.

The 2nd sentence in the quote above says a lot to me, take a guess what it's telling me.

Flo, I know nothing about Florida's geography... where is.. wherever you are?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520