• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Road to the pros

thanks guys, i'd be practicing harder than ever but i'm taking it easy b/c of a shoulder injury i got the other day. i'll be good as new in a week, just need to stop throwing the football with my friends so much

sling, it'd be my pleasure to save a spot for a shottalk emblem on my bag.:)

Hey Younggun, i'd like to chip in some advice of mine, as a peer. I'm 16, a senior in high school, and play to a 5.3 index. This is only my 3rd year playing golf, so i feel like i'm catching on quickly, and i love the game. But i realize how unlikely it is that i would end up being able to play golf on the PGA tour to make a living. I have a buddy who is a +3 handicap and played in a Cleveland Tour event. The way the course was set up, he said he played decent, but didnt get it done scoring wise. He shot 82/83. The winner shot 15 under on 3 days. These guys who came in at 12-15 under on a tough course(74 or 75 rating) for 3 days aren't even close to the level of the PGA yet, except for Sean O' Hair, who succeeded on the Clevel Tour before going bigtime. But there are soooooo many immensely talented golfers. With a 4.2 GPA, i think you are smart enough to realize that academics are where yous hould be focused. I love to play golf, but i know that i need to do well in college and start a life for myself before i do something like try to turn pro. My advice would be play golf, but focus on school. Get into a good college, get a degree, and then work on your golf game. Dont throw away academic talent for the longshot goal of being a pro golfer. JMO, Neal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520