• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ryder Cup 2006

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Let the games begin. Lehman selects Stewert Cink and Scott Verplank as Captain's picks this morning. The press seemed kind of surprised at Verplank, but with so many rookies already on the team, how do you not pick some veteren cuppers to complete the team? DL3 has not played well of late and Verplank had a good record the last time he played in the cup over at the Belfry.

Both good picks IMHO.

Still, I think the US will be underdogs here. At least we have the number one player in the world, but let's face it, Mickelson has looked traumatized since the US Open.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast said:
Actually, watching Mike Weir play yesterday, I was thinking they should bring Canada into the Ryder Cup, make it US/Canada versus Europe.

He is Canadien but actually lives and plays in Utah.

I have little confidence in our squad...for once - I think Tiger will truly dominate and should win all of his singles matches. Other than that, I agree that Michelson seems to have fallen off the confidence chart. God only knows how the rest of the U.S. team will play.

Additionally I believe that the Euros will have the same collective attitude of "Nothing to lose...everything to win".

bames said:
He is Canadien but actually lives and plays in Utah.

Yes - his wife is from there. I think he met her whe he was at BYU.

I predict a severe beating of the Americans by the Euros this time for sure.

I'm putting £20 on Europe to win. I just cant see anyone apart from Tiger that scares me from the US team.

Can't we just let Tiger play all the USA matches? The other guys can take turns fanning the insects away from him.

I would have to agree that the Euros are the favorite, but I am not giving up on the US team just yet. Strange things can happen when your the underdog. Some of the rookies could surprise, Phil could find himself, and the Euros make actually suffer from some over confidence after the last drubbing they handed the US.

I am looking forward to it.

I think Phil playing without pressure( not playing against Tiger) will rise to the occasion as well as some of the other U.S. players. What happens when you wind up with Sergio (or anyone else) playing against Tiger and playing for God and country? I think this Cup will be interesting. I think that the Euro's have an exciting team but they are under more pressure during play than the U.S.

flight99 said:
I think Phil playing without pressure( not playing against Tiger) will rise to the occasion as well as some of the other U.S. players. What happens when you wind up with Sergio (or anyone else) playing against Tiger and playing for God and country? I think this Cup will be interesting. I think that the Euro's have an exciting team but they are under more pressure during play than the U.S.

:biglol: You said EUROS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?