• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

sad sad saturday

twofast2s

Reaction score
i went out to play golf w/ ez last sat w/ his boss and his son. won lunch money and ended up scoring 87.

great i thought. ez and i stopped by a mcdonalds on the way and i checked my voicemail while waiting in line.

it was from my dad saying that my dog, Peanut, has died in a car accident. She was in the backyard of my dad's friend's place and somehow she got out to catch a squirrel. my little brother saw that she got out and went across the street. he called for her and she was coming back, not realizing a car was coming, she was instatly killed.

she was buried at my dad's work where she loved to run around.

my brother is (whose 14) traumatized and we have lost a member our family and my heart is broken..

i want to get another puppy, but even i can't get over the fact that peanut's gone. pretty sad.

just want to write something here b/c i'm pretty depressed and needed to say something somewheres.

I'm real sorry about Peanut. I deal with this every day, and I never get used to it.

Peanut would want you to have the company of another dog, whenever you're ready.

That's really sad to hear. Losing a family pet can be so hard.

Sorry to hear it, 2fast. Losing a pet is never easy, but I think Siberian has the right approach, when the time is right.

I saw my beagle get run over by a school bus when I was a little kid...never forgot about it....my parents got a lab a few months later and it really helped a lot. He was a great dog and we kept him until I went to college.

Then my mom sold him to a breeder...he probably had the time of his life in his Golden Years...

wow, i have never lost a pet, but i can imagine how much it must hurt...

as doc said, peanut would want you to get another dog..

Sorry to hear that, Pets are great friends. Peanut will be missed.

That's why we have cats. I get too attached to dogs. They have too much personality. Cats are "just there" although now my wife and daughter want to by a "ragdoll" cat for $400!! Supposedly a more "dog like" cat that actually shows affection. :)

thanks guys.. i've grown attached to all my pets, but not like peanut. i spent lot of time taking care of her and train her. very affectionate one.

on the brighter note,
i went on craigslist and found a puppy near by. the person is moving out of new england and can only take her grown up dogs. she's not attached to the puppy yet and was willing to give me the puppy. she'll be bringing Ginger (pup's name) over here tomorrow. i'll take some photos if she DOES let me keep her.

thanks again.

This same thing happened to us just over a year ago. I also posted here in search of something.

It's tough realizing that pet ownership comes with two duties - owning them, and losing them - it's part and parcel of the job.

However, when the latter comes prematurely, it's ALWAYS impossible to deal with.

If I can make a statement that you might not be able to see right now, it would be that you will get better. You'll always remember your good times and be thankful for that.

Chin up, man.

R35

It's good to write this stuff down, sorry dude.

well.. no pet for me as of yet. the lady who was gonna give me her puppy to adopt has given it up to her relative.

i do misse peanut terribly, and my heart still aches a bit when i see her toys. but it's gotten much better now that few weeks has past by.

i'm gonna just wait and see what happens w/ a new puppy. not in a hurry to get one just yet.

thanks for the good words. you guys are the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301