• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Score!

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking to make changes to the long end of my bag and so I was on the prowl for a 4W. While several models intrigued me, there was really only one I was looking to pick up and that is the SasQuatch 2. Say what you will about Nike clubs but that is a simple no nonsense fairway wood. The "power bow" is very subtle which gives it a very traditional set-up at address.

I had been watching the bay for a couple of weeks and finally got a great deal on a SQ2 4W and the thing looks outstanding; the mirrored finish is still very much there on the sole. The head is 17* and is shafted with the new UST Axivcore shaft (Blue 79 model). (I'll get some pics up tonight)

I went to the range at lunch today to give it a go and I was instantly sold. I've hit these quite a bit and so I know I like the set-up and solid feel at impact and this one is no different. What really surprised me though was the shaft. The literature had me fearing balloon balls but that is absolutely not the case here. The launch is high but the ball flattens out fairly quickly and I was getting some nice carry with good roll.

As expected (and planned for), this was right in between my J33 3W and 5W in all aspects. It plays at 42" which, again, is right in between my current woods (42.5" & 41.5"). Off the tee wasn't a problem and a tiny choke down allowed it to play at the length I'm accustomed to off the turf.

Anyway, I think the J33s will finally be moving and I'll be playing a single fairway wood for at least this season.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520